ZUNE CAPTURE THE BANNER

Discussion in 'Snapshot/Zune' started by Tators19, Mar 16, 2015.

?

Did you read everything?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2015.
  1. Yes!

70.0%
  2. No, but I'm going back right now to finish it, calm down

30.0%
  1. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

Just curious, what stops a team from displaying a banner like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Technically the flag is on a post 3 blocks high, is not touching the ground, and it's not hidden in solid blocks.. it's just in a low-lying depression.
  2. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm OK with that. Gotta keep your eyes peeled and your head on a swivel.

Edit: O I C... yeah, the rules should state that the banner has to be accessible for walking out with it without breaking or placing blocks.
  3. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

Well, a team displaying a flag in a hole could just put a ladder on the side and they're good to go. Such a flag would be virtually impossible to capture if the hole is ringed with recessed shooting galleries

I guess it might make more sense to require it be above ground, but I don't know know much about PvP rules.
  4. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Good catch. I think the shooting gallery is fine, but maybe we need to require that you are able to run with the flag from the display point (no ladders between banner and exit) ? We want the bases to be hidden, so that pretty much necessitates that the banner be indoors.
  5. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Or we could go with a standard display room design - certain dimensions, plenty of space around the banner, minimum 2 non-ladder exits...?
  6. Zane_the_Blaze13

Zane_the_Blaze13 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Damnit Map. That humble shit that LP does all the time... it's rubbed off on you!!!
  7. Lars_Eh

Lars_Eh Supporter

NO MINI MAP
  8. That is not a difficult banner to obtain.
  9. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Pride
  10. Cryptomeria

Cryptomeria Supporter

That sure was nice of map to give you fellers the co-ords to that Swedish teams flag.
  11. Could there be exceptions to the "don't bring anything in from the east" rule ?
    2 things that we are not able to get our hands on - blaze rods and nether quartz ?
    I guess it would need to be blaze rods from free blazes (not grinders)
  12. Zane_the_Blaze13

Zane_the_Blaze13 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    A good point. Thx LP. We could allow entry and exit to the nether from the map area, and allow players to travel the nether by foot to find those things. The reason for this is that, correct me if I'm wrong @LousyPerfume , @mapcratic , but I've heard there are no fortresses in the nether within the map borders. @Tators19
  13. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    There are no nether rules, accumulating crap from the nether is perfectly legal
  14. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Interesting.
  15. I am a bit confused. Though I admire the tactic, I didn't realize we could randomly add people without some sort of notice that the person was added to the team. We started out with the smallest team and needed to add members, and everyone knew when members were added. If hiring mercenaries is legal I would appreciate knowing about this. Unknown quantities in the game are awesome in my opinion, as long as you know that unknown quantities could possibly be in the game. In short, may I start developing a spy ring? As for the team I am on, learn from my mistake, DO NOT TRUST ANYONE. @Zane_the_Blaze13 , @auximage , @AnToast .
  16. Reshep9909

Reshep9909

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry @TantricSarcasm it was just a strategy! We're still friends :)
  17. Tantric, I wasn't even there and can tell from the context; Just a general rule of thumb regarding Shep. Whenever Reshep is involved, just go ahead and assume shenanigans will ensue.
  18. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Hiring thieves and mercenaries is perfectly legal. Which I stated in the rules.
  19. Ok so I'm going to make a move here and resign from my team, and not join any future teams. I might form my own, but I dunno. I dont wanna be shifty about it and hide the intent or anything like that. Team Bestovers is full of good players. just. I wanna do my own thing. Maybe be a mercenary. As far as hidden bases and shit goes. I'm not that kind of player that uses that crap to his advantage. Considering Tantrics most recent encounter, I doubt he'd be inclined to believe that, so take it as you will. But in a show of faith(or something), I plan to build a communal Inn kind of thing as close to dead center in the map as I can manage to get it. So you'll all know where I am if you wanna drop by. Not quite as ballsy as Lousy, but close I think. :p
    I'll tag the team members so everyone knows.
    @Zane_the_Blaze13 @TantricSarcasm @auximage And @Tators19 just so she can be appraised of the situation and .. .. ok i just like tagging her in shit.
  20. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Aww shucks, I like being tagged. Makes me feel included <3