ZUNE CAPTURE THE BANNER

Discussion in 'Snapshot/Zune' started by Tators19, Mar 16, 2015.

?

Did you read everything?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2015.
  1. Yes!

70.0%
  2. No, but I'm going back right now to finish it, calm down

30.0%
  1. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    YOU MUST READ THESE RULES IN FULL TO PARTICIPATE IN CAPTURE THE BANNER

Where?
    West Zune
    When?
    Friday, March 20th, 5:00 P.M. PST (Pacific Standard)
    What?
    Capture the Banner

Reboot: Reboot means we start completely fresh, no tools, no weapons, no armor, no resources. You may not steal from existing builds unless it follows the server rules, and you may only steal in the West in bases without white banners displayed. A white banner indicates a CtB non-participant. East remains peaceful and off-limits. We will be allowing one stack of food for initial travel.

We will have an initial start date and time. After that time, it’s open to everyone. When entering Zune ask in-chat (or watch forum threads) to determine which teams are available to join/create.

Players may enter and leave at will, this is not a timed/scheduled event after the initial start time. Additionally, please don’t assume that all players new to Zune’s West are automatically there to play Capture the Banner with us.

We will not have signups for teams because people have a tendency to come and go. People could/should have a forum conversation for their team.

Objective:
    Locate and secure the banners of the rival faction. This will occur exclusively in the west. PVP is not only allowed, but encouraged.

PVP Rules:
    None. This makes the stakes higher and puts people on their guard. This is not world, acquiring stolen items is part of the fun. You are not required to return items.

Build Rules:
    We will follow the server rules, there will be no griefing, no tnt, no burning. Mob griefing is not disabled on Zune, so if a creeper explodes near an invader, they are not responsible for the damage that occurs, that is just part of Minecraft. To hide doors/entrances, the use of redstone is encouraged. Placing blocks/entities inside builds is not permitted. Breaking beds is not permitted. If you accidentally break a bed in a base (yes, items do get accidentally broken during raiding, we’re human) leave a sign saying the bed was broken so the team member knows to sleep in it again.

Additionally: please realize this is for FUN. If somebody breaks a rule, let’s try to handle this without crying to Matt about every little obstruction. If you do something stupid, apologize. If somebody else does something stupid to you, give them an opportunity to make it right. Rather than tattle, find your next possible opportunity to wreck the shit out of them with your PVP skills. If you can’t handle being killed multiple times/losing your stuff/having your banners taken, just don’t participate.

Banner Rules:

1.) There will be a minimum of 2 teams, 4 teams maximum. Each team will have one banner each.

2.) Each Base can only display 1 original banner. This is to reduce the time spent finding/removing multiple banners by rival forces. A team’s banner is not to be copied unless it is destroyed by mistake (lava, etc.). Handle these banners carefully, if you lose it or accidentally destroy it, you lose the opportunity to display it at your base. Also have the decency and common sense to report a lost/destroyed banner to the original team so they can make a new one.

3.) To be a legitimate flag banners must be displayed at least 3 blocks from the ground (since banners are 2 blocks high, this simply means banners may not touch the ground). The ground is defined as the surface you are standing upon when you mount said banner. If the base is underground, the banner must not be ‘touching’ the floor.

4.) Banners can be displayed no higher than 6 blocks above the ground to ensure that players can reach them. If we don’t want people placing dirt columns in our bases/builds, we need to be reasonable about how/where we display our banners. Each player must be able to reach/remove them from their place on the block they are displayed upon.

5.) Banners can be displayed on walls/fences/columns/etc. – they may not be hidden inside solid blocks or encased in clear blocks. A glass display case is against the rules and will be considered an illegitimate flag. These silly rules ensure equal and adequate visibility of banners for everyone.

6.) You have successfully captured another team’s banner when you have made it back to your base with said banner and have displayed them next to each other (feel free to take screenshots as proof!). All captured banners must be displayed in bases to allow for their recapture by other teams.

7.) Teams may take as much time as they want creating, designing, displaying their banners, but they may not capture another team’s banner until their team banner is displayed.

8.) Banners may not be kept on individual players whilst you are logged out of the game. This means you may not place the banner into your inventory before logging out. That undermines the nature of the game.

Please realize: it is not a legitimate banner if it is inside a chest. Banners found in chests are considered “copies,” which is essentially cheating. Each team has ONE banner. If that banner is lost due to death/lava, a copy may be made from an original (possibly stored in an ender chest) - but only one flag can be displayed at a time. Decoy flags are not allowed.

Team Rules:

1.) There will be no more than 4 teams. This is to ensure that everybody has access to a team and to keep the world from being flooded with banners and tiny teams. That being said, each team can build as many structures/bases/fortresses/strongholds/hiding places they want for their banner as long as they follow the display rules.

2.) Teams may start with no less than 3 participants, and no more than 5. This will ensure the semi-equal initial disbursement of participants, keeping the teams somewhat balanced. If you wish to go rogue and play as hired mercenaries/thieves, you may not steal banners or place banners. Banners are specific to teams and raiding activities. Additionally, if a lot of new players join and pick one team because they want to “stay together” – that’s fine. The other teams will have to advertise to get more players on their team to keep things balanced.

3.) Players may change teams or leave teams at any time.

4.) Players may steal their own flag if leaving the team

-You are not required to announce when your banner is displayed, that is for the other teams to determine for themselves.

-NO bed-spawn camping (if beds are in the same room as the banner, killing them upon re-entry to the game is legal)

-Bases must have an accessible entry point. Redstone doors may help hide you, but there must be a way INTO the base so teams can enter to capture/recapture flags. Teams may not close access to their base when they log off. *Don’t undermine the nature of the game*

-Teams may enter the east to take advantage of grinders

VERY IMPORTANT:

Do Not Touch/Invade/Loot/Plunder/Destroy bases with white flags on them/in them. If you see one, leave immediately and replace any looted items.

You Must Read These Rules In Their Entirety In Order To Participate.

*changes made to the initial draft include the use of white banners for non-participants and permitting a stack of food for everyone to start with so we don’t starve during travel/scouting base location.

REBOOT CAN BE FOUND ON THE NW ROAD LEAVING SPAWN.

2015-03-15_20.52.30.png 2015-03-15_20.29.19.png
  2. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    @Kmomma @Tibal @Lars_Eh

Since no one is reading this post, it seems like a great place to discuss our secret team strategy.

1. Kill everyone
    2. Take their stuff
    3. Capture their banners
    4. Kill everyone

Glory to 2ITP!

XOxo,
    Crabs
  3. Lars_Eh

Lars_Eh Supporter

TLC TLC TLC TLC TLC
  4. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
  5. Anyone interested in getting their smash on? I has tactix.
  6. fiskit_says

fiskit_says Supporter

It's "tic tacs"

#edit

What's all that stuff at the top all about?
  7. Lars_Eh

Lars_Eh Supporter

I don't know, I was trying to read but Tators' red hair is making it hard to focus.
  8. You are right, I should totally stop saying things the way I say them because they don't conform to your way of saying things. :p

What was I thinking.
  9. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Friday is Lars' Birthday and we are throwing a surprise party on the West side of the map. You're bringing potato salad.
  10. Zane_the_Blaze13

Zane_the_Blaze13 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Some questions: When using grinders in the East, are we permitted to bring items back from them? I believe it should be no, but it should be covered so everyone is doing the same (as pertains to arrows, ender pearls, etc.) And as for mods that add in overhead maps/radar whatever-thingies...allowed or not? I'm planning on playing vanilla. That means no to the mods. What say ye? @Tators19
  11. EP43

EP43

Media:
    Albums:
    I agree Zane. No smuggling contraband back into reboot ... and no mini map is ideal, keep everyone even in that regard. But Im sure some will still use it.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  12. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

Epic battle going on right now in Zune in the streets of the PvP build. It's been going on for about an hour with 5 or 6 people.

I'm a neutral party so if anyone needs to get in on the action and it's still going on, I can lead you over from Netherspawn.
  13. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

And it's over. Great show.
  14. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I know some peeps have minimap. I have not loaded a minimap since 1.7 however I was thinking of loading for this game because I KNOW others will be using this. They do give an advantage and there really is no way of policing this. You will not be able to crouch/hide from someone with minimap. I will gladly comply with this as a rule. I may also request IMGUR screenshot proof of others if I suspect they are using one.
  15. I would love to see you all agree to no minimap.
    minimaps are for suckers !! :)
    throw them out forever.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  16. IMO no mini-maps would make it more interesting. If it is going to be without, everyone has to go without..if it is going to be with..well..peeps that don't want to be on an even keel with their opponents don't have to use it.
  17. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

18. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Map, you're amazing.
  19. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

I never would have finished it without Perfume, Zane, and others. It was a team effort.