Woodenaxe Pathfinder Group

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MadLeomon, Apr 7, 2013.

1. So a group of us on the mumble are looking at playing a game of Pathfinder on a thursday or friday with our good friend Siamko being the scapegoat... I mean dungeon master. We currently have 4-6ish players and our willing victim/dm, is looking on having up to 8.

Going from talking with Siamko, he wants a few things pointed out like that people need to eat at least once every 3 days, and drink every day. Along with that he would like to know where people would like to start level wise, nothing higher than level 5, he would also like to know what kind of campaign that people would like to play in and anything there in.

He has also mentioned that background aren't required.

P.S The 4 people other than Siamko that I can remember in the group are myself, Arwen, UnpolishedGem and OneGoodArm

======

Stats are 4d6 take the lowest, rolled for three stat blocks, you then pick your preferred block.

People's Stat Blocks:

MadLeo's : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1223979/ and I'll be taking the block marked 9,14,10,17,15,15 and using it to build a Maneuver Master Monk
  2. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm a level 4 Paladin with 18, charisma and 97 HP. I can use my helm of disintegration and do 1D4 damage...
  3. Lancearon

Lancearon Supporter

I would love to play!

I can never find a group and im glad my ears tingled in mumble. Working or character sheet now. Cheers.

I am new to the game so What ever happens happens. I will be playing a rp playstyle
  4. Im interested aswell,

and im sure if I join River will want to join.

going to read rules now (lvl 1 or 5 doesn't matter for me)

Naielo
  5. Lars_Eh

Lars_Eh Supporter

what the fuck is this shit
  6. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    I have to side with lars on this one
  7. Lars_Eh

Lars_Eh Supporter

Do you like my new signature?
  8. River decided not to play , so if you have space there will only be me.

and day doesnt matter to me.

Bryan
  9. akicogg

akicogg Supporter

can i listen in? i am interested and i promise i won't help anyone cheat if that is even such a thing :D
  10. siamko

siamko Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Wanted to check in and make sure we keep this ball rolling.

For the core group things you need to do is.

1 decide on a final player list

2 decide if the group is going to start at level 1 or 5
    (if you start at level 5 starting gold is calculated as listed in the players guide and all starting gear is to be purchased using that money. With the exception of one heritage item that you will get for free. This can be any item that and this is important I ALLOW. lol Just find something that fits your character it can be magical, non magical, you can craft it, or combine effects to fit what you would like. But if it breaks game balance its not going to be allowed. This is only if you start at level 5.

3 remember we are playing premades. So look around for something that peaks your interest so we can decide what to play. I say this because I have no opinion on what kind of campaign to run. I dont want to just pick one that people either dont like or have played before.

4 start looking at the classes that you are going to want to play.

There will be more things but this is enough for now to keep us moving.
  11. Lancearon

Lancearon Supporter

Ok just so you know I am excited and wrote a backstory for a character I want to play.

2. I am new to this so I vote (if I cant discard my vote) that we start at level 1. Fresh start with fresh people.
    3. I have not played any campaign so this question I cannot answer.
    4.I would love to play a ranger. With emphasis on range and shield and board. Prefered half elve. Anything but the bard...
  12. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    Sooo... real talk now... wtf is this?
  13. siamko

siamko Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    D20 pen and paper rpg
  14. siamko

siamko Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Ok Characters seem to moving along, and we are hashing out some of the finer details.

I am going to give you three options for a campaign.

Second Darkness

A strange shadow lurks in the sky above the city of Riddleport, and the doomsayers take it as a sign of the approaching end of the world! The true menace comes not from the skies above but the benighted passages of the subterranean Darklands, leading the heroes on a sweeping quest that begins in a star-struck city, weaves through ancient elven ruins, and unmasks the terrible secret of the dark elves!

Council of Thieves

Once the seat of mighty Imperial Cheliax, the decaying metropolis of Westcrown now stands wrecked and ruined, haunted by mysterious shadow beasts and besieged by the agents of the nation's new diabolical rulers. Amid this chaos, a growing schism in the city's influential Council of Thieves threatens to tear Westcrown apart unless a new group of heroes rises from the ashes of empire to chart a new destiny for the lost souls of the city.

Carrion Crown

The Cult of the Whispering Way weaves a wide-ranging conspiracy throughout the horror-tinged lands of Ustalav aimed at freeing the Lich King Tar-Baphon, better known as the Whispering Tyrant, from his eternal prison in the dungeon of Gallowspire. Their debased rites and malicious schemes set werewolf against vampire, ghost against terror from beyond time and space in a thrilling campaign that touches upon themes of classic horror and dark swords and sorcery!

Please choose one.

This way I can start fleshing it out on roll20.
  15. Going from those snippets I have to vote for Carrion Crown
  16. Lancearon

Lancearon Supporter

Vote second darkness!
  17. I vote for Carrion Crown.
  18. Lancearon

Lancearon Supporter

Code:
    var roll = function(n){
        n = 1/n;
        var random = Math.random();
        var result = random/n;
        result = Math.ceil(result);
        console.log("you rolled a " + result + ".");
        total = total+result;
    }
    var total = 0;
    var again = 0;
    do
        {
        var sides = parseInt(prompt("How many sides should the dice have? Numeric answers only"));
        var times = parseInt(prompt("How many times would you like to roll this dice?Numeric answers only"));
        do
            {
            roll(sides);
            times = times-1;
            }
        while (times>=1);
        if(times === 0){
        alert("your total is " + total);
        };
        again = prompt("Would you like to start a new roll? y/n");
        if (again === "y"){
        again = 1;
        total = 0;
        };
    }
    while (again>0);
    I am getting a 503 Error for invisible Castle... Do we have a back-up Dice roll site?

I can write a program really quick but it will take a while to create a algorithm to save a un editable log file. Let me know if you'd like me to write something....

EDIT Wrote a quick die simulator Can I submit my character sheet using this system I want to get approval as soon as possible.
  19. Can I listen in on YOU listening in? I promise I won't help you help anyone cheat. <3333