Upgrading to 1.7

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Matt, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    It's finally that time. I am going to be upgrading the World to real 1.7. The upgrade process is going to take approx. 27 hours (see below for why). During this time the World server will be running a temporary Skyblock server to hold over your Minecraft addictions for a day or two. Origin, Hatchet, and Sandbox will all be up as normal during this time.

If you are unfamiliar with skyblock basically you spawn on an island in the sky with limited materials, you have to build things, maybe try to reach other people in the world. You can join other peoples islands by typing /island party Here is a video of some people playing skyblock

About Skyblock:
    1. When you join, you will be in the normal world. Type /island to get your island and join the skyblock world.
    2. You can invite others to join your island by typing /island invite Player
    3. Islands are 200 blocks apart
    4. You can complete challenges to rank up and get reward items. Type /c to view the challenges

Why will the World server be unavailable for 27 hours?
    In order to smooth the borders between 1.6 chunks and the new 1.7 chunks I am having to run a script that will trace the border, then i have to generate some new chunks beyond that border, then I have to run a script to smooth the difference along that border. This process will take some time, even though it's automated.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  2. first

Also i cannot wait
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  3. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

first
  4. "Second" Lol
  5. -1st, on the negative axis. Can't wait!
  6. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

first
  7. When did you say this will begin?
  8. How do we join the skyblock server?
  9. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

first
  10. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
  11. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
  12. It'll be running on the world server, so you join as you normally would.
  13. siamko

siamko Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Seriously!?
    Probably call hooked on phonics is a good start. Then how bout read the first damn post. SMH
  14. iud13

iud13 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm not making any money waiting... dam....:)
  15. This Skyblock thing should stay. I think it's really fun.
  16. Finally the count down begins
  17. 2013-12-26_18.36.42.png I built a castle on skyblock. Not my best, but certainly not my worst. Playing with the idea of a moat surrounding the ENTIRE castle. Would be a lot of work though.

Edit: Just realized someones fat ass was in the way here is a better shot.
    2013-12-26_18.40.10.png
  18. I was wondering why no one was on the map, I keep it running at work and tab over to see who was on. I felt sad no one was on, then seen this. I was always wanting to try sky blocks. Ill be on in 30 or so minutes.
  19. Wow I was wondering how the two different terrain generation would mesh. it seems like a really difficult problem to solve. I'm guessing its tracing along the map border and not just the border of the explored areas. Are we allowed to know what script you are using? :) I bet some really small biomes will result along the border. Should be interesting to see the results
  20. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    This cobble is not falling. Something's wrong.