UNST3RBLICH killed me in the east

Discussion in 'Grief Reports' started by Lars_Eh, Oct 11, 2014.

1. I'd like to see this thread argued in real life, that would be so weird
  2. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

It's easier to just have a total ban against PvP in the east, but instead the rule allows for one "accident". Which is kind of genius as it takes Matt out of having to get involved in trying to hold a lengthy inquest and simply uses repeat occurrences as the litmus test.

On the last adult server I was on, the admin would get involved in every PvP incident to determine intent, which usually drew the users in to add their theories, and it always turned into page after page of drama.
  3. 7ommy9unN3r

7ommy9unN3r Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]
  4. Sporkdom

Sporkdom Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
  5. Shroomz333

Shroomz333

Media:
    Albums:
  6. It is not my intent to defend anyone in particular, but I noticed that in qwerty's account, he had this to say

<snip>
    After the mobs were cleared and the sun came up, Lars proceeded to amuse himself by being a nuisance (as usual), by standing in the way of me placing blocks.

</snip>

This seemed to ring a bell, considering I am pretty new and had recently read the rules pretty carefully. In the FAQ, I found this

<snip>
    These are some examples of what IS considered harassment and can be bannable.

Spamming a player with /tpa requests or private messages
    Following a player and standing in their way to prevent them from building
    Creating a residence or private signs within somebody else's building.
    Repeated killing on the east

</snip>

As you can see from the second item considered both harassment and possibly bannable, that there are now arguments for banning both. So, perhaps you two should let it drop?
  7. Lars_Eh

Lars_Eh Supporter

Well sure, but if Qwerty was feeling harassed, I'm sure he would have told me.
  8. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Law Offices of Crabwich & Tibal, LLC

I think that it's pretty obvious by now that Matt is going to avoid this petty squabble. Although we usually only deal with maritime related paternity suites, we've decided to take this on.

@Lars_Eh,
    Please provide a detailed inventory of all items lost during the incident.

@UNST3RBLICH,
    Please acquire like items and provide them to Lars to replace the items that he lost due to your shenanigans. All items must be of similar material, enchantment level and condition as those lost. However, feel free to name these items anything that you wish using an anvil.

Once the transaction has completed, both of you go in game and type /pay _Crabwich_ 5000. This is our standard rate for arbitration.

Regards,

Crabwich J. Crab

CC: @Tibal
  9. General_Rookie

General_Rookie Supporter

[​IMG]
  10. UNST3RBLICH

UNST3RBLICH

Media:
    Albums:
    MRW people who aren't even active try to be cheeky.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  11. General_Rookie

General_Rookie Supporter

I log in every week to empty my traps and throw the loot into lava.

MRW people who are members for over a year decide to kill Lars in the East.
    animated-gifs-4-18.gif
  12. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

Not so fast, Crab...

Notice of class action complaint

This Class Action Complaint is brought on behalf of all players on the Wooden Axe website who on October 11, 2014, have been indirectly exposed through in-game chat to harm without cause, in violation of W.A. § 41 12.02.

The Complaint seeks:

- the formation & certification of a class of affected players, and

- a declaration of the invalidity, ab initio, of Server Rules, Codes of Conduct, and all acts taken pursuant thereto, which have unlawfully reduced wholesome playtime on this server, and

- relief in the form of $50,000 per Plaintiff, including but not limited to attorneys fees (90%) pursuant to this litigation.

- relief in the form of tools, enchanted items, and other items which were lost to mob attacks, falls, or other calamities while in Alt+TAB on the forum.woodenaxe.com site looking at the "UNST3RBLICH killed me in the east" thread.

Each of the named Plaintiffs is an affected class as follows: 7ommy9unN3r, Sporkdom, LadyKatyara, mydogiswellhuge, qwertybeastlove, ErikaVee, RageOfBahamut, localrappert, junglemason, Supersnaketate, ConvictedFelon, KevynM, SPMarostica, RocketTam, zLunaTiK, RegVonWer, kmoneeee, CampinCarbon, Cryptomeria, Jolor, auximage, Peyton1980, WTFbeccca, mapcratic, PastaNinja, Voljub, duckman_162, TrentAchame, _Crabwich_, Kmomma, bullingju0, MissMijo, General_Rookie, tmosconi, jms83, Tators19, EP43, CaptLou, zwiechmann, Tibal, SgtOctopusi, Xena_41, Shroomz333, Madomdoom, Nimdadotenc, and Skincognito.

As a direct and proximate result of such negligent, and grossly negligent, wanton, reckless, malicious and/or intentional conduct, Defendant Lars_EH and Defendant UNST3RBLICH caused the Plaintiffs to suffer damages and injuries which include, but are not limited to, the following: physical pain and suffering, weight gain, severe muscle cramps, lower extremity venous complications, severe headaches, loss of sleep, paranoia, depression, and anxiety as the result of mental distress from witnessing via in-game chat the negligence and suffering at UNST3RBLICH's build site, including failure to properly secure lava, causing intentional distress and distraction on the build site, and general recklessness.

WHEREFORE, Plaintiff demands judgment against Defendant Lars_EH and Defendant UNST3RBLICH jointly and severally for compensatory and punitive damages by the jury, plus costs.

PLAINTIFF HEREBY DEMANDS A TRIAL BY JURY ON ALL COUNTS.

s/J.P. ROCKEFELLER
    Attorney for Plaintiff
    1220 Avenue of the Americas
    New York City NY 10010

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
  13. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I am rescinding my legal services offer and waive my right to opt out of the class action suit as I too suffered lower extremity venous complications directly attributable to the neglectful and malicious actions of the defendants.

Crabs
  14. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

I suffered from weight gain but that might just be the takeout pizza from Friday.
  15. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    Everyone using legal jargon and I'm here like...
    [​IMG]
  16. UNST3RBLICH

UNST3RBLICH

Media:
    Albums:
    MRW people defend Lars:[​IMG]
  17. Lars_Eh

Lars_Eh Supporter

Why would that be so weird?
  18. *out
  19. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

Next up: Swingers Club build at Mako City.
  20. im disappointed that there isnt one already !