The Wooden Hatchet - Family Server

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Matt, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    Based on the discussion here I've set up a separate server for the kids of WoodenAxe.

This server is meant to be a safe place to play (mostly survival) with your under-18 year-old kids/family members. It is not, and will not be, open to the public. Only Supporters that have a good reputation on the server and have kids/family under 18 will be whitelisted (it's not open to all Supporters).

The chat is censored, there are multiple chat channels, there is a simple command-less area/chest protection plugin, and all adults have moderator powers.

You can connect to the server with the address: hatchet.woodenaxe.com (it's not available in the /server list)
    The live map is here: http://map.hatchet.woodenaxe.com/

Groups are based on ages (there is no difference in permissions currently, it's just informative)
    Wood: under 10 years old
    Stone: 10-14
    Iron: 15-17
    Diamond: Adults (moderators)

Wood/Stone/Iron commands:
    • /sethome /home
    • /tpa
    • /ignore
    • /hat
    • /warp
    • /msg /t /r
    • /trust - trust another player in your claimed area
    Diamond commands:
    • /fly
    • /give
    • /tp
    • /mute
    • /kick
    • /ban
    • /vanish
    • /heal
    • /invsee
    • /gamemode
    • /ch
    Chat channels
    Everyone is in the Global channel by default. All channels have censoring for bad language. If you want me to add more words to the blacklist let me now.

All Diamond members are also in the Admin channel by default. You can focus this channel by typing /ch a Anything typed in the Admin channel is visible only to other Diamond members (adults). Switch focus back to the Global channel with /ch g

I will be adding more channels for specific groups later. As well as a way to opt out of all channels if you want to completely disable chat.

If any Diamond members see any behavior that is questionable, please /ban, /kick, /mute as needed.

How to get whitelisted:
    1. Have played a decent amount of time on World
    2. Be an active Supporter
    3. Send me a private message, or post on this thread, with your kids in-game name and their age.
    First joining:
    When you first join the server, please let your kids know the rules about griefing, stealing, and building near other people. It would be a good idea to /fly or walk to a place far from spawn (or use the /warps) and then /tp your kid to you. The world will probably get cluttered over time but we want to try and minimize that as best we can.

Rules:
    1. No griefing
    2. No stealing
    3. No swearing
    4. No spamming/raging/all caps
    5. No unwelcomed PvP (there will eventually be PvP arenas for mutual combat)
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  2. Matt, can you plz whitelist my 7 year old boys: Farmer_Calvin and DiggDoug. Thx
  3. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    added
  4. I don't have kids, but I think this is an excellent idea. Well done.
  5. Fantastic! I've only just introduced my 6 year old to minecraft, he's playing local peaceful creative and not ready for this yet, but it's great to have this option if he continues developing his interest.
  6. General_Rookie

General_Rookie Supporter

Key words are 'play with'. I like it. I'm pro-family here. Not a babysitting server, but a place that parents/older siblings can actually share and enjoy with the young'ens.
  7. General_Rookie

General_Rookie Supporter

Matt, could you whitelist Zukotu for me?
  8. Matt, could you whitelist my 7 year old nephew motorcyclemason7
  9. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    added
  10. This is great idea, my children would want to play on this server.

Can you please add my account names Groene_Specht and Blauwe_knor for my children to this server.

Thanks!
  11. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    How old is Blauwe_knor?
  12. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    I should also say, it's important to not let your kids play under your account, or at least tell me if they will so i can remove moderator permissions. Because the adults are all moderators and I don't feel like being banned from my own server by an 8 year-old.
  13. Hi Matt could you whitelist my 7 year old Tmiller6? This is a great idea he has been wanting to play with me forever!
  14. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    added

added
  15. Mr_Cortus

Mr_Cortus Supporter

Media:
    So we're trying to come up with a name for my daughters' new minecraft account. Here are some of their suggestions. Diahrreaofawimpykid, stinkyfartbutt, celestiafart, ponyfarts, brookesstinkyfeet......you get the idea.
  16. glt1022

glt1022 Supporter

dumbminersdaughter
  17. Mr_Cortus

Mr_Cortus Supporter

Media:
    Loretta Lynn reference glt?
  18. glt1022

glt1022 Supporter

dum dum daddy reference :)
  19. Mr_Cortus

Mr_Cortus Supporter

Media:
    Ok, the ign is CortyCakes for my 10 year old daughter. Thanks.
  20. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    added