The server is now 1.9

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Matt, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Thar be no end map??
  2. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    • /res rename is broken.
    • mobs are jittery, in previous updates where people were generating huge amount of overworld chunks the animals wernt lagging like they are now guess generating the end chunks is to much for the server.
    • dragon is probably dead by now, meaning someone (rumors tell me siamko did, who hasnt played here for a year or two but magically knew to come on now with his privatised end protal) got the last dragon egg ever.
    • no dynmap for the end, its normally a useless thing but its nice to have it.
    • cant click on certain peoples name on the map, probably cause they are in the end, which we dont have a map of.
    • grinders are broken
    • grinders lost to end wipe.
    but at least we have igloos...
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  3. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

4. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    UNplayable atm.
  5. Tibal

Tibal Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    So... 'bout those Slack connection details...
  6. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Come in game. The lag adds to the challenge
  7. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

Yeah, we've been having persistent lag, glitching, and repop all morning.... lag is about 2 seconds on average, sometimes bursts of 10-15 seconds.

EDIT: We did an experiment around 8:30 am this morning with 4 of us on.. we were all standing in our homes in the overworld and were getting about ~2 seconds continuous lag, so it's not new chunk generation unless there's garbage collection type issues.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  8. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Two steps forward, two steps back.

9. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

That's the server song this morning, lol.

Server restarted at 9:15 am, not sure if it was automatic restart from a crash or if it was manual from Matt. Seems better so far.

10. Can't the dragon be res pawned now? Meaning more eggie?
  11. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    More dragons yes. Dont think more eggs though
  12. not sure how true this is but

"
    • Before 1.9 Combat Update, it was quite possible that the Dragon Egg was the rarest element in Minecraft, only having 1 per world. Since the Ender Dragon can be respawned, there is almost an unlimited amount of Dragon Eggs.
  13. I still think it look more like a dragon turd lmao
  14. @Reshep9909 got the egg, traded it to @siamko, siamko likes money so I now have the last dragon egg. Now I just need to get bedrock from @fiskit_says and my collection will be complete.
  15. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    the way it works now is the first dragon of the end will spawn the egg, but evey dragon repsawned after that will not give an egg

the only reason there was multiple eggs before was because matt was respawning the dragon, which was like reseting the battle all together
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  16. Oh well, thanks for the knowledge happy end hunting ya'll
  17. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    @Matt I would like to be reimbursed for my deleted dragon egg on Zune. I will accept payment in the form of 1 dragon egg, 1 million server dollars, or infinite supporter. Failure to comply will result in me whining about it forever.
  18. ButtUglyJeff

ButtUglyJeff Supporter

And they are still useless...