The server is now 1.9

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Matt, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    Most of the plugins are working now, so I've updated the server to 1.9.

Known issues:
    The ChatParty plugin is unsupported. I'll be looking for a replacement, but in the meantime it is disabled.
    The IRC chat relay plugin is also unsupported. I'll be replacing it with a Slack relay instead of IRC.

As usual, let me know if anything broken, particularly any permissions issues.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. Tibal

Tibal Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Yay! \o/

Awww :( :( :(
  3. KevynM

KevynM Supporter

Thanks matt
  4. So, how about an update for finding res locations on worldmap?
  5. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    DynMap Residences has been abandoned :(
  6. So, are we saying it's not possible to revert to an older compatible version to bring it back?
  7. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    The End is now reset, be careful when TPing to old End residences, since you'll probably fall into the void. The world border has been expanded 10k in every direction.
  8. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Older versions of DynMap aren't compatible with MC 1.9, and older versions of DynMap Residences aren't compatible with latest DynMap.
  9. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    correct, the versions of Residence and dynmap that work with 1.8+ do not work with the dynmap-residence plugin.
  10. res tp End says we don't have tp perms matt. Supposedly you own it?
  11. he owns your end? Sweet.
  12. 7ommy9unN3r

7ommy9unN3r Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    broke all the stuffs (fish), got greifed (tinger), have fun with 1.9 people...
  13. @Matt, please return the server to 1.8.9.
  14. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

I am getting a ton of lag with NPCs and certain objects. The graphics in general are fast as they used to, but all mobs including animals move at like 1 frame per second. I'm also having a lot of difficulty with just eating, it never "completes" eating one piece of chicken for example unless I hold down the right mouse button for a good 15 seconds.

The XP grinders I know of are all broken, including overworld ones like /res tp xp (which isn't producing very many mobs).

I can't play like this and am throwing my vote in to revert to 1.8.9. This isn't Matt's fault, it seems to be Mojang not properly testing their code. I'm running vanilla 1.9, no mods at all.
  15. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    It's neither. It's everyone generating new chunks. The server is barely holding on. The only way to reduce lag is to not explore as much...
  16. I can't stay connected. Of course it happens now >:^(
  17. sorry about Tinger man, that place was awesome. If you happen to find my armor at the bottom...
  18. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    Seems "expand the borders until the server explodes" might occur sooner than later.
  19. Aw what fish too?!?!

*Adding that my Internet issues are from a POS ethernet cable, and my router WiFi sucks.. looks like I'm not missing that much though :/ lol
  20. it's sort of like expansion night in wow. You wait to log in, there are all kinds of issues, and there are 50 people trying to kill the same three mobs.