The Inn at Zero Zero

Discussion in 'Origin' started by rskrules, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Lost? No friends? Hours and hours to kill before you grow old and realize you've spent your life playing with digital Legos?

Head on over to the exact center of the Origin world and hang out at the Inn!

That I'm going to build.

once I get there.

in a few more hours

Origin is by nature PVP, but I'd like to think that we've got at least one collaborative build going on - a respite from the genuine horror that this server has become. I'll set up some donation chests and people are welcome to help build!

EDIT:

So I've got a good start, but it could definitely use a lot of improvement! The Inn is a collaborative effort - if you can think of some way of making it more useful or nicer to look it (it's basically a box right now) then go for it! (Just don't move the beds.)

It'd be awesome if we could get an enchanting table and alchemy station set up. A Nether portal would be good, just... you know, not too close.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. The server crash wiped out two hours worth of work. :(

But! It's still mostly there! Come on by!
  3. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    I guess this would be a good time to remind everyone that there's still only an unstable dev build of bukkit. It crashed hard so some things didn't get written to disk on shutdown.

Leaving a chunk and having it unload from memory (or logging out) will force it to be written to disk. So, chunks that are always loaded are more at risk of not being saved when the server crashes from a bukkit bug.

ping @RocketTam , @Diarm10 , @_Crabwich_
  4. That's good to know. More trips away from base would be a good idea then?
  5. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Does the client's render distance setting affect chunk loading/unloading on the server?
  6. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    no
  7. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Noted...
  8. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    There is now an ender chest there. As soon as I can get some leather, I can make an enchanting table.
  9. i put an enchanting table up last night.
  10. I made it!!! 17,000 blocks travelled, not one death.

Nice building

Now to find somewhere to settle ...
  11. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Nice! Yeah, kinda small island, but still some space left. Watch out for sinkholes - place is a mine field.
  12. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Just got back to 0,0. The Inn has gotten pretty fucked up, as did my hut, and someone else's hut, and a tiny bit of the south rail. All creeper damage - creeper bomber maybe?

If anyone had slept in one of the beds at the Inn and then found themselves re-spawning far away, it would be because one of the beds was moved, likely like as a result of a creeper explosion.