Thank You

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Matt, Apr 11, 2016.

1. While this deeply saddens me, I can honestly say I've met some pretty stellar people through this server. Some of which I've met in real life, and will continue to interact with henceforth. Thanks, Matt, for providing us with such a fun platform for communication and creativity. It's been a slice, kids. <3
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mr_Cortus

Mr_Cortus Supporter

Media:
    Fuck that guy
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Peyton1980

Peyton1980 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    WA was my very first server. Little did I know, 2.5 years later, how much of an impact it would have on me. I've made some of the best friends anyone could ask for.

Thanks for everything, @Matt!
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. It's been a long time since I was last on the ole server. Just wanted to say thank you for the hours and hours of fun!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I have had so much fun here and met some amazing friends...I'm glad the forum will stay around and I hope hope hope we will all stay in touch. This has been the greatest server I've been on, the community is amazing, creatively, just ah. I don't have the right words right now. Much love Matt and everyone else
    • Like Like x 3
  6. GreyMantle

GreyMantle

Media:
    Albums:
    Sort of glad I hadn't finished planning my first epic build.

but I had 23 diamonds! @Matt can you use my paltry 2k IG$ and send those 23 diamonds to me?

Well, the up side is no more dealing with thief-assassins building fall traps and looting my dead (IG) body.

And I had just opened my one and only shop-chest in NetherForge too. I was offering full lava buckets. Bummer.

I'm often the "Johnny come lately" to any party.

Doesn't help my name is actually John (or that I often go by Jack online).

Why do some of you seem to have this thing against people named Jack? lol

Thank you to @Matt for your time and energy!

Thank you to @mapcratic for letting me build the "Visual Furnace" in nether forge.
    (@mapcratic and @MrsCluck ... I lost that number before I could use it.)

Thank you to @NchantedHoe for letting me out a "child of a famous celebrity" even if you weren't.

Thank you to @LousyPerfume for saying hello (even if I rarely saw it in time to reply).

Well, the one up side is I don't have to worry about fall traps built by those damn thief-assassins lurking among the Gentile folk of Wooden Axe (yep, already started the whiskey shots, can you tell? -even if the shots are only in my mind).

So, reunion plans? I mean everything happens faster on the Internet, Right? :-D

I'm open to receiving "Refugee Server" news for displaced Wooden Axe members.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  7. 7ommy9unN3r

7ommy9unN3r Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Wow. Right in the feels... so many great nights spent with so many great people. I even met the love of my life one here @RocketTam

I hope the community can find a way to stay together, this forum will definitely be a part of that. I actually feel like creating a server for all the members to start new. Not sure if that will happen, but maybe another member has the time to put one together.

@Matt A sincere thanks you for all you have done. Woodenaxe will be forever a golden memory of mine.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Of course you could always hand off admin to 1 or 3 people , and while you remain king, you can let your subjects run the roost, then every couple months come back in with an Iron fist.....
  9. GreyMantle

GreyMantle

Media:
    Albums:
    @Matt, by the way, where is the Forum Thread for exchanging our WoodenAxe in game money and gems (emmy & diamonds) into bitcoins?

I've searched twice as long as I needed too and haven't found it yet!
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Tibal

Tibal Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    It's too early in the morning for me to be much of a wordsmith, but here it goes...

Without a doubt my favorite place to be, online, was WoodenAxe. As you so eloquently stated: the chats, the drama, the relationships between pure strangers were and continue to be something to marvel at. All of it was thanks to you and your generous dedication to the server. I would wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, but I'm sure that is not necessary.

Lastly, I want to make note of something that most everyone in the community knows (even though I don't think anyone has said it): Because of the friendships, relationships and experiences that this Minecraft server has been a medium to help create...

The WoodenAxe Community Will Never Die.

Edit: Also...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. ButtUglyJeff

ButtUglyJeff Supporter

I blame my donation on Sunday for this...
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I had to dig up some info to be able to log on lol. Well I haven't played on Wooden Axe in almost two years but I'm very sad to see it shut down. I remember when I joined this server, I was 17 actually sorry for lying, and this has been the first and only server I've ever played on. I was going through a tough time when I was introduced to you guys and the kindness and generosity presented by everyone helped me get through it and I'm very grateful for that. From me and my friend smashingxpumpkin, thank you everyone for the memories and keep kicking ass everyone. I'll proudly display my Wooden Axe mug for years :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Damn it! And right before my plan to drop a TNT nuke on Spawn was ready. Foiled again.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. This may be too soon to ask, but will you fine fellows of the WoodAxe be moving on to another server of simillarly sound principals?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    @Matt
    [​IMG]
    for everything. Its been great fun. I'm going to miss trying to get you to agreeing to shenanigans that I know you wont agree to. Also, who am I going ot throw money at now? You are a great man and a great admin. Enjoy your well deserved retirement.

XOXO,
    Crabs
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes. See @mapcratic
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ButtUglyJeff

ButtUglyJeff Supporter

I wonder if @iud13 is dancing a little dance? He probably thinks he won. What he won I have no idea of...
    • Like Like x 2
  18. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    You still owe me all that quartz.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. bullingju0

bullingju0

Media:
    Well this one hurts.

Thanks for everything Matt, it's been a lot of fun over the years watching you run this place smoother than @_Crabwich_ 's on liners. Enjoy your time off, and hope to see you again someday.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Well what a shame. I mean, it was a very good server, i enjoyed playing on it and me and my friend were now getting fruits of our builds.
    I admit that i'm upset, but what can i do... this was the best server for me.
    Does anyone know about another server, that at least is almost as good as this? Or does some of you go to another server?