Snapshot Server

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Matt, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    I've started running a vanilla MC server that will stay up-to-date with the latest snapshots from mojang. This is a donator perk to be able to try out the latest features in multiplayer.

The server address is:
    snapshot.woodenaxe.com

There are obviously no plugins since it's vanilla MC and nothing is nerfed (meaning creepers explode). It is in creative mode and the map may be reset as new features are added to the snapshots. The whitelist is updated for active donators only.

It is currently running snapshot 14w30c which you can install by creating a new profile in the Minecraft launcher and selecting "snapshots"
    [​IMG]

If you're looking for a creative sandbox on the current official minecraft version you can check out the donator-only creative sandbox
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  2. Will we be able to use spawn eggs then? How about the sandbox server? Also, we would probably like superflat for the sandbox because as it is right now it's a real pain to clear trees and find a flat place to build something. Thanks!
  3. Is the snapshot server down?

I'm not a donator, but I thought Matt had opened it to everybody while we are waiting on the bukkit bug fixes.

It had worked for me a few days ago, now I got nothing. :(
  4. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    It's the sandbox server (sandbox.woodenaxe.com) but i do turn it on and off at times since i'm testing all the 30+ plugin updates.
  5. Ah.. thanks for the heads up. I'll stop bugging you now so you can get back to testing stuff. :)

You are the man, Matt! :D
  6. craigjjharris

craigjjharris Supporter

Just wondering if the Snapshot and Sand Box servers will be coming back.

Would be nice to play around and look at some ideas with people.
  7. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
  8. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
  9. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
  10. It's still on 1.5.
  11. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    oh right, it's behind the proxy so the protocol will be off... I'll have to move some things around and I'll update here when it's working.
  12. Cool, thanks.
  13. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    ok, I've taken the sandbox offline so it's only the snapshot running 1.6.
  14. I tried to ride a horse and it kicked me or something. When I try to rejoin a get an error message:

Internal exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

So just a warning to anyone else, don't try to ride horses.

UPDATE: You can fix the problem by getting someone to kill your horse for you with lava as you repeatedly log in.
  15. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
  16. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
  17. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
  18. Will you be wiping the map for the snapshot server seeing as it's a biome update?
  19. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    yes, snapshot was reset
  20. UNST3RBLICH

UNST3RBLICH

Media:
    Albums:
    Woot, it's back up. Someone, not going to name any names, had broken it.

edit:

nvm...apparently it's down again....