Skyblock!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snapshot/Zune' started by General_Rookie, Jan 8, 2014.

1. General_Rookie

General_Rookie Supporter

There are a lot of people playing on this server. It hasn't been talked about much on forums. I thought I'd start a shitty post since I just started my island. I see some pretty massive builds on the horizon. No idea who my neighbors are. It would be great if there was a live map of this server.

/server skyblock
  2. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    And a /island top list on Portal.
  3. ButtUglyJeff

ButtUglyJeff Supporter

Yes many thing to discuss about skyblock. How are people getting obsidian these days? Would be handy for crafting. I'm going to use some lava source blocks to make some for building reasons. But the lack of diamonds makes picking them up impossible, no?
  4. NchantedHoe

NchantedHoe Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    You receive Obsidian through completing the challenges :)
  5. General_Rookie

General_Rookie Supporter

6. ButtUglyJeff

ButtUglyJeff Supporter

I got the 10 blocks of obsidian, and used it to make my portal. Are there other challenges that reward with obsidian too?
  7. General_Rookie

General_Rookie Supporter

You get diamonds from some of the 'hard' challenges. I wonder if you can trade with villagers for diamond pickaxes. There is only one challenge that gives obsidian, after that you'll need to mine with a diamond pick or just place lava buckets.
  8. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Villagers is on my 'to do' list (along with that girl from the Blurred Lines video). I think I'll prolly get the villagers first though so I will let you know.
  9. mikej1592

mikej1592 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    during the server update I did well, this time I tried failed, ended up with obsidean I forgot to set the lava back a block
  10. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

[​IMG]

I'm stuck (not really just being lazy) on the mushroom challenge. I have collected a few stacks of pumpkins though and plan on making a life sized statue of Donald Trump after his tanning visits.
  11. General_Rookie

General_Rookie Supporter

You dont need a restart for that. You can get your lava back by clicking on the obsidian block with your empty bucket.
  12. glt1022

glt1022 Supporter

got applecollector woohoo!
  13. Cryptomeria

Cryptomeria Supporter

You can get villagers --- especially easy to get if you have a connected friend who has already spent the golden apples and precious sand blocks for glass bottles. You can even make a golem farm if you feel so adventurous. The key to working your way up though is to remember to build on as many levels as possible and with as many materials. Brian, Felon and myself are all stuck on the 1,000 island level score to achieve SKYLORD(read that in the same voice that says big ass fries). Is anyone else on skyblock that far yet?
  14. ButtUglyJeff

ButtUglyJeff Supporter

If you want a block on mycilium, just ask me in game. That'll make it way easier...
  15. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Not quite. Working on the wool now and still have emeralds which requires villagers, which requires golden apples, which requires me to kill another 200 Pigmen, so I think it's going to be a while. I think I'll get level 1000 before I get my villagers at this rate.

[EDIT] Just read this:
    woolcollector:
    description: 'Collect 5 of every color of wool'
    rankLevel: 'Master'
    type: onPlayer
    requiredItems: '35:0:5 35:1:5 35:2:5 35:3:5 35:4:5 35:5:5 35:6:5 35:7:5 35:8:5 35:9:5 35:10:5 35:11:5 35:12:5 35:13:5 35:14:5 35:15:5'
    takeItems: true
    itemReward: '264:2 2262:1 2263:1 2261:1 383:91:1 388:5'
    rewardText: '2 diamonds, 5 emeralds, 3 music disks, 1 sheep spawn egg'
    currencyReward: 200
    xpReward: 200
    permissionReward: 'none'
    repeatable: true
    repeatItemReward: '388:1 383:91:1'
    repeatRewardText: '1 emerald, 1 sheep spawn egg'
    repeatCurrencyReward: 20
    repeatXpReward: 20

Maybe I can repeat the wool challenge and get my emeralds!!!! I may leave work early today....
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  16. General_Rookie

General_Rookie Supporter

/island top

this command ranks the top 10 islands by level.
  17. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

I'm playing by golf rules, so I win.
  18. ButtUglyJeff

ButtUglyJeff Supporter

I want a heated discussion about @btug and him getting creeper bombed...

@Cryptomeria was also a victim...
  19. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I suppose, of the three, I'd say @Cryptomeria is the hottest. Of course I've never seen @btug in a dress, at least not in person, but I hear good things. Regardless, I'll stick with my first summation: @Cryptomeria is hottest, @btug getting bombed is second hottest and @btug (himself) is third hottest.
  20. btug

btug Supporter

I really don't think there is anything to discuss. Other than what color dress i should be wearing.