Shit nobody is interested in (Wildstar)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Voljub, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    This one took some work...
    A few days ago, Wildstar had its official launch.
    First, Their is a LOT to do in this game... Tons of ground to cover... If your looking for a (TL : DR) the best I can do is link you to the official website video page, its loaded with developer commentary on all kinds of features and junk.
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/media/videos/

Trailers:
    HD trailer (Pre-rendered graphics)

Trailer (Game footage)

Features Trailer

Factions/Races:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t0mgu0_i3c

Sooo... Combat...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjQLsE02OPg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MyI75JzS0E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0k5CC27Ww
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnmlSU_nTi0
    most skills use this frontal cone kind of targeting system, in most cases everything within the covered area will take damage or heals... some skills can only hit one target at a time... its complicated...

Classes:
    Wildstar uses the Holy Trinity approach to MMO's... Tanks, Healers, and Damage dealers. I like this system, It allows players who put time into their class roll to really stand out in large groups. Their are 6 classes in total, 2 heavy armor (Warrior/Engineer), 2 medium armor (Medic/Stalker), and 2 light armor (Esper/Spellslinger)... The heavy armor classes can Tank/DPS, the light classes can Heal/DPS, and one of the med classes can heal wile the other one can tank. Their is no Tank/Healer class... (damn pallys).

Paths:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmCyPXv5APY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJkfhxLEhEU
    in addition to picking a class, you can also pick a path to follow... this will change how you interact with the world beyond your class roll. Are you an explorer? You'll be platforming up to impossible areas (double jumps ftw). Are you a settler? You can construct buff stations around the map to boost XP and shit. Soldier? KILL THINGS! Scientist? use your scanner bot to study plants to give you sick buffs or hack enemy robots to do your bidding.

Crafting:
    At level 10 you can learn trade skills, they have some of the usual MMO skills... but with a deep and twisted... err... twist...

Housing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScEliEh2_Xo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MyI75JzS0E
    I have not gotten far enough to unlock this feature myself, but just looking at the videos...
  2. zLunaTiK

zLunaTiK Supporter

I have to say, I'm watching the first trailer and..this should be a real show. It's like firefly humor.
  3. malajunta

malajunta Supporter

that's nice and all, but can you tame a horse?
  4. Reshep9909

Reshep9909

Media:
    Albums:
    a buddy of mine gave me a guess pass, im downloading it and i will be giving it a shot!
  5. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    Maybe not a horse persay... but in addition to all kinds of crazy beasts, and bikes... we've got hover boards...
  6. I downloaded it, and was given a guest pass too but my PC lags too bad. My computer is not a gaming computer, it runs MC and WoW but most other games it sucks for. It was a store bought one from Best Buy (cheap one).

I really need to get some money to put together a new PC. I'm missing out on trying all the new games!
  7. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    Forming a guild on the Thunderfoot PvE server, Dominion faction.
    This guild will not share a name with our minecraft server. (unless enough people get sand in their vag over it)
  8. For a minute there I thought you were referring to WoW.... Total blonde moment.
  9. zLunaTiK

zLunaTiK Supporter

I'm looking at picking this up. I like having a little MMORPG in my life but WoW got really old a long time ago. This looks like an improved WoW to me.
  10. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    A little bit, only really in the fact that it shares many of the MMO traits that defined the genre as a whole. One thing among the many things that help it stand out is the "Path" system, which changes how you interact with the world itself.

I main an Engineer-Settler, I like being a tank in dungeons and being a godless marauding killing machine in the open world... That said... I like having buffs... LOTS of buffs... The Settler path lets me collect resources and build little outposts around the map that do just that! These outposts can be built by any settler, and other settlers can contribute to keep the buff stations up longer.

Their are also Trade skills and Housing, it's crazy... So! in addition to building my own robots in combat, and building buff stations for other players, I picked the Architect trade skill that lets me build things for peoples homes! With enough resources I can build anything and everything you might want to put in your house. Need a FABkit that gives you a personal vending machine? Done! How about personal harvesting nodes? Done! Well what about misc trophies and neat odds and ends? Fuckin... please...

So Architect is a complex trade skill, using materials from several gathering professions... So I made some alts. A Medic-Settler (for healing and the before mentioned buffs) and a Spellslinger-Explorer (Because they are sick as fuck too) I use them to gather nodes around the map and send the materials off to my main to crank out more furniture and FABkits for the Auction house.
  11. MageMelwyn

MageMelwyn Supporter

Albums:
    Man, this looks amazing. I'm envious of you guys playing it. One day...
  12. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    The NPCs are entertaining too... I just spend 10 min watching these two bandits, Alphonse and Jagg. Ones a human and the other is this alien creature looks like Killer Croc from Batman... they got a prisoner begging for his life, and the two of them are talking about diet plans!

Jagg: I hate it when this get-up starts feeling tight around the middle.
    Al: You just gotta watch what you eat.
    Jagg: I know, but it's hard, ya'know?
    Al: Yeah...
    Jagg: Been thinking bout goin on a diet.
    Al: What kind of diet?
    Jagg: Countin' calories, that sorta thing.
    Al: Nah, krogg don't need to count calories
    Jagg: Don't mess with me Al, I ain't in the mood.
    Al: I'm serious. with you guys its all about the carbs.
    Jagg: Get outta here.
    Al: Its true, krogg can eat as much as they want, but ya gotta watch the carbs.
    Jagg: Man thats... I dont know if I can do it.
    Al: Pick a plan, stick with it. That's all ya gotta do.
    Jagg: I like bread. I mean, I really like bread...
    Al: I love it too. Especially hot, right out of the oven.
    Jagg: I can eat a couple loaves all by my self.
    Al: I think there's some kinda low-carb bread you can get
    Jagg: Really?
    Al: Yeah. Protostar makes it.
    Jagg: No joke?
    Al: No joke, not sure how it tastes though.
    Jagg: Now I gotta find out.
    Al: If you do let me know what you think.
    Jagg: Will do.
    Al: If eating low-carb bread is like eating bulkhead paste, ya might as well forget about it.
    Jagg: Totally.

The entire time, the prisoner is sobbing and crying "I'll pay you back I swear" "You know I'm good for it!"
  13. MageMelwyn

MageMelwyn Supporter

Albums:
    I'm a sucker for games with pets. Does this have em? Also the deluxe edition doesn't seem worth it for what you get, a few items, unless Im missing something. =S
  14. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd give deluxe edition a miss, the rocket house is cool and all for bragging rights, and the costume set you get is slick... but they don't really impact the game itself (which is good because I hate games that allow you to pay to win).
    But I do believe the deluxe comes with 3 trial account keys to give to your friends, so the extra coin might be well spent to get your friends involved or something.

As far as pets... Sorry... The only Pet Class (that is full time combat pets) is the engineer, and those pets are the summoned robots.
    Bruiser Bot- This melee bot will attack and off-tank for an Engineer, and has a short cooldown Taunt that the Engineer can activate.
    168b83ef445fc1780c6f8da850db90ad.jpg

Artillery Bot- This ranged DPS bot will bast baddies from afar, and is perfect for AoEing down packs of weak enemies. The Artillery Bot can be activated to Barrage enemies, dealing heavy AoE damage over time.
    ca2d00de1173930e9f4543540f0b785c.jpg

Diminisher Bot- A ranged CC and damage dealer, the Diminisher Bot shoots a single target from afar, or can be activated to use Strobe, an ability that applies a Snare and DoT effect to all foes within an AoE field.
    d5e148a4e223b87a478ca2704e59bad5.jpg

Repair Bot- Unlocked by using the AMPS system, the Repair Bot has a ranged attack that it uses against foes. When activated, however, the Repair Bot can use Shield Boost, which restores the Engineers' and his allies' shields by a moderate amount.
    68db294c17b857a6df9217209a17c91f.jpg

I think Esper has a pet summon too, but its only temporary and the thing cant tank for crap.

No vanity pets are in the game as of yet either, which is fine by me. It takes time to develop AI and emotes for stuff, I'd rather them focus on content and fixes to the systems already in place before they start with things like that.
  15. zLunaTiK

zLunaTiK Supporter

Yeah, I bet they'll get to it. I wouldn't be surprised if their isn't some sort of side game with vanity pets in the future. Sorta like a pokemon thing.
  16. MageMelwyn

MageMelwyn Supporter

Albums:
    It's silly but collecting adorable vanity pets is one of my fave things to do in MMOs. >.>
  17. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    A bout half a year ago when the game was still in beta, their was a hidden link berried somewhere on the Wildstar website. It contained a hidden trailer.
  18. MageMelwyn

MageMelwyn Supporter

Albums:
    *looks suspicious*

@Voljub
    How much are they paying you to sell us this game? lol
  19. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    Very little, at a time... it wont even show up on my tax number...
  20. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    So I've talked about the cake in all its velvety, moist, and dense goodness...
    Lets talk about that rich, and thick icing!

So in WoW (and other games) When your character levels up... what are you rewarded with? Slightly better stats sure... But what makes it special? A little "Ding! Grats" from the guild mates? NOT IN WILDSTAR BITCHES! In Wildstar every time you level up, the announcer comes on and lets you know exactly how fucking awesome you are.

EDIT: "Well what about when other things happen in the game?" SHUT THE FUCK UP I WASN'T FINISHED!
    Another thing you'll be doing (a lot) is dying...
    WELL every time you revive at a holo-crypt another voice over takes over and taunts you.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014