Shit nobody is interested in (the Elder Scrolls Online)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Voljub, Aug 31, 2013.

1. zLunaTiK

zLunaTiK Supporter

AOC was completely dumbed down and still complaints are made about it being too difficult.

World of Warcraft...very few guilds breeze through the content these days without any trouble being completely undergeared and having little practice while the majority of the gamers need it nerfed to complete the same content with gear considerably better after months of failure.

Western MMOs are designed for a much more casual gamer and ones that focus on talent and skill aren't popular.

Another example is Dark Fall.

When AOC was released people were asking to NERF every class they weren't playing. There was no 'OP' class just 'OP' people. The game allowed people who were more talented and smarter to absolutely dominate in every form.

Most western MMOs do not allow this at all. The games are dumbed down so much and are so easy that almost anyone can master them or nerfs will come to allow it.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    I kinda see what your saying... but every mmo with an open forum will be flooded with shit players who dont learn their roll. Theirs nothing that can be done about it... Also I don't see how AoC is different from WoW... they're both shit.

Is one of them considered a western and the other an eastern? They look the same to me. Most (and by most i meen all) JRPGs are populated by highly disproportional females and a few males that look like they belong to the jonas brother fan club.

EDIT: I think if anything the elder scrolls series going MMO as a Western RPG should be compared to a JRPG that tried to do the same thing... being the Final Fantasy series. both were single player RPGs in which you progress through raising skills and gear. however one YOU are the hero and the other you kind of sit on the heros sholder and tell them where to go... kinda... unless its a hallway...
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  3. Coronus1

Coronus1 Supporter

I aggree totally about the dumbing down of MMOs here. AoC was ahead of its time and yes they RUSHED release. That being said the only I had with it at release was lack of the advertised massive PvP battle ability. The combat system was the best of any MMO I had seen to date and I loved the nice criticals you could pull on people/mobs. I dont get the feel that ESO is going to be much different than any other MMO and your right the moment they start charging I am gone. Its combat system is very close to what AoC was in its hand to hand combat but not in the ranged world. I pretty much skipped the last beta weekend to play the new EQ Next alpha. Dont know what it is going to offer in terms of combat but I am hoping it is going to be good.
  4. If anyone wants a beta key I have an extra for the upcoming play test (as does probably everyone who is already in).
  5. So I finally got around to trying out my beta key (it was sent to me a LONG time ago, but I never got around to it).
    I spent almost the entire day downloading the goddamn thing (seriously? 2k/sec?!?)
    Once I could FINALLY play it... I was actually not very impressed at all. Honestly I only gave it a couple of hours of goofing around (because I had already spent over 14 hours downloading), but it really just reminded me of all the tedious things about WoW.

Perhaps one of you current players can help convince me that it's worth another shot? I mean I've bean a steadfast TES fan since Daggerfall, and I was totally looking forward to exploring Valenwood or the Marsh, but it just.. didn't feel like an Elder Scrolls game to me. I'm not normally a PVP guy, but I thought an ESO take on it might be neat. That said, even reading about it it seemed overly complex.

Do any of you feel that it is good enough to warrant regular cost? What about it impresses you? Or: What areas/things should I check out before I decide to write it off altogether?
  6. I was only able to play for a few minutes last time before I had to run and do some errands. When I came back to play more it was over an hour queue to log in, so I didn't bother trying again. However, from what little I played and what I've heard about it, I don't think it is for me, PvP and MMO grinding is not what I play TES games for. I'd rather have a standard one with just some coop multiplayer.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. it's my birtthday and I'm drunk and I;m going t to play some ESO!
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Happy birthday!
  9. Happy birthday old man
  10. Wow. Thanks guys - I had no idea I even got on my computer last night.
  11. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    The pvp in game is actually pretty intense.

Lance and I take a quest to deliver a bag of shit to some farmer dude... which just so happens to be on the opposite side of the map...
  12. Coronus1

Coronus1 Supporter

Volj,
    Is it open beta now? If so, let me know when you guys get on and Ill run around with you and pone some noobs.
  13. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    it was just a weekend beta, their is one more scheduled before launch however
  14. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
  15. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    1 week until the 5 day pre-purchase head start.
  16. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

So is it worth it?
  17. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    Game still has a few balance issues CC in particular (roots are hellafuckin OP right now). I think it'll be fun, the OP bugs and quarks will make for some interesting videos for a wile anyway.

EDIT: @princessbabby @Zukotu I'm working on opening up guild recruitment cross-faction.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  18. @Zukotu are you gonna buy it? BLURG. I don't know, guys.
  19. I don't know, my wallet keeps eating my money :> I could probably just afford it but it's whether I want to spend £60 on a game I'll have to pay again for a month-and-a-half later
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  20. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

It's 60 quid?! Fuck that, back to pushing kids in the street.
    • Like Like x 2