Shit nobody is interested in (the Elder Scrolls Online)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Voljub, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    I like that title... I'll have to coin it for a youtube series... most likely about this game ESO!

SO! if you liked Bethesdas Elder Scrolls games then you may enjoy the new title in the works Elder Scrolls Online.

In short... The story takes place before the races are united under empire. All of Tamriel is open to explore, split into 4 parts... 3 are controlled by 1 of each over arching faction and the last being an open world battleground right between all three. The battleground in question is Cyrodiil, the setting of "Oblivion".

The factions are as follows

Aldmeri dominion- Consisting of High Elves (Altmer), Wood Elves (Bosmer), and the cat race Khajiit. They hold much of the southern boarders hailing from the Summerset isles, Valenwood, and Elsweyr.

Daggerfall Covenant- Made up of Bretons, Redguard, and Orcs (Orsimer). They hold Highrock and Hammerfell.

Ebonheart Pact- The unusual alliance between the Dark Elves (dunmer), the Argonians, and the Nord. And respectively come from Skyrim, Morrowind, and the Black Marsh (Argonia)

[​IMG]

The gameplay is built to be much like that of previous titles in that you swing weapons with mouse clicks and have to both aim and actually hit your opponent to deal damage, You can play in first or third person views, Almost anything you could do in Skyrim or Oblivion you can do here.
    Combat is based on 3 things. your Health bar, your Mana (Magika) bar, and your Stamina bar. Stamina is used for Blocking, Sprinting, and Power attacks. Like before you must use Stamina effectively to get the most out of combat, that is to say if you blow all your stamina sprinting into combat you may not have enough left to deal much damage and have to wait for it to regenerate.

Tons more information on this upcoming title can be found here.
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

Fuck yes, get to return to High Rock in legit 3D. Redguard represent.

The Alliances Cinematic Trailer was amazing, the quality they put in that...

Also still pissed I missed the beta.
  3. Some things should stay single player based with a co-op option in my opinion.
  4. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    When they were making Skyrim Co-op was heavily considered, however to do it they would need to add dialog and content for the possibility of more than 1 player interacting with the world... that's a LOT of extra dialog... they decided against it to make the single player experience the best it could possibly be. And I think they did a great job!

Daggerfall has my support, Orc bitches...
  5. I love Skyrim and Oblivion, not sure if I will like trading a rich storyline for camping mobs and grinding xp...
  6. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    From what I understand, for PC America and Europe will each operate on a mega server. the X-bone and PS4 will also be getting a mega server of their own... players on each server will be separated by different phases, that is to say if you only want to play with hard core raiders age 18+ you can select a phase for that.
    That said I guess mob grinding MAY be an issue if players are in a rush to level up skills, but if thats the case It would be much faster to do that in the Battleground continent where enemy players will be in washing up onto your fort walls in droves.
  7. I'm not saying it won't be good, I will probably get it and try it out (depending on subscription fees), but, I still want a real ES 5 game. I hope Bethesda doesn't leave out all us players that really appreciate a good RPG.
  8. I regret finding out that it is not an MMOARPG. I'm done with regular MMOs like Warcraft.
    [​IMG]
  9. siamko

siamko Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Prediction:

This game will not be good, it will be marginal. Just good enough to garner a fanboi following.
    I watched this same hype machine churn out AoC (age of Conan).
    I love Elder Scrolls and "Bethesda" titles in general, but much like the difference between Fallout 3 and fallout new Vegas. I see this title falling short.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

I'm going to give it a go, whether it's shit or not. #hope
  11. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    Its still a little too early in development to tell, But I can see potential shortcomings in terms of metagame. Since starting classes are just a "starting point" im sure some trait set up will be discovered that will make them seem OP in PVP...
    But the same argument could be made in any new MMO that supports pvp, I'm gonna give it a shot.
  12. I think its going to be great, so cant wait for this one.

I just wonder how they will re-do the Skyrim province, will it be the same size with the same dungeons to loot and explore, or will it be toned down? I do so hope that they keep it the same size, Skyrim is an excellent world to explore and I would love to re-visit Riften, Whiterun (if they had been built?).

Voljub, lets team up! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Coronus1

Coronus1 Supporter

I am currently in beta and while I dont think I can give any specifics, I can say that there are definately some positives and some negatives. It seems to follow the norm as far as MMOs go. There is going to be the ussual xp grind to rush for max level. But the story line seems to be pretty good and able to take you into the story. One of the most complicated things in the game is the crafting system. Didnt get a chance to figure it out on the last open play but I plan on focusing on it in the next one. One thing I really really like is the combat system. I like the skill based combat rather than the click and button push. The ranged combat is more click and button push than the melee but the melee is fun.

Graphics were pretty nice and it seems like some good puzzles have been incorporated into the game which was a nice twist. I have a stress test tonight and maybe Ill get to play a little but I doubt I will be doing anything more than sitting and watching the loading screen.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. UNST3RBLICH

UNST3RBLICH

Media:
    Albums:
    I think it's long overdue they made this multiplayer, and I personally can't wait to try it out.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

WOO FINALLY.
    [​IMG]

Oh fuck...21gb at 220 kB/s
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Don't think this is an excuse to duck me this weekend
  17. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

You mispelled the word fuck, which is what I will do to you with my sword once I've won.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Coronus1

Coronus1 Supporter

Is the Beta now open?

This game is pretty massive. I dont have any idea how some of these guys are shooting up in lvl over a weekend. I still avent been able to put enough play time in to get to the point where I can focus on the crafting to get a feel for it. Not really getting that interested in it anymore as it seems to be the same repitious grind in my opinion. Probably will play a little this weekend if any of you guys want to hook up friday night I will probably play and maybe some saturday. Send me your char IGNs and we can group up.

Now something that really has my curiosity peaked is this. Crowd funded over $36 million to date promises to be phenominal.
  19. This is the Not Wing Commander* massive online thingy right? I must have played through those games 100 times. (except Prophecy that was hot garbage) If I ever put together a decent machine that can run something like this I'm all about it.

* It's Wing Commander
  20. Coronus1

Coronus1 Supporter

Little bit more extensive than Wing Command honestly. The economy options alone have me salivating to get into this game. I am starting to save up for the $250 ship package (forget what the ships name is) so if anyone else gets in and wants to team up here too I am cool.