Residence Guide

Discussion in 'Help and HOWTOs' started by Supersnaketate, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]

:Residence Guides/Tutorials:
    Links:
    • /res rename (case sensitive problem?)
    • /res expand (use "the long way" if you need to expand urgently)
    • /res contract
    • /res area (apparently doesnt exist)
    • /res default (apparently doesnt exist)
    • /res list (case sensitive problem, always provides list for lowercase name)
    3. /bal (To see how much money you have.)
    4. /res create [resname] (Finalises and creates the residence, with default flags set and charges you the amount of money it costs.)

1. Stand where the exact center of the residence will be.
    2. /res select X Y Z
      • (Your feet are the center block, so X, Y or Z = the radius of blocks along the X, Y or Z axis from your feet.
      • E.g: /res select 10 5 10 = a selection size of 21 11 21. 10 blocks east, 10 west, 1 block in the center, 5 blocks above your feet, 5 blocks below your feet and 1 block where your feet are
    3. /res select size (Price and size of your selected area.)
    4. /bal(To see how much money you have.)
    5. /res create [resname] (Finalises and creates the residence, with default flags set and charges you the amount of money it costs.)
    Flags allow a player to control what happens within the residence, flags can be set for individual players, yourself or for everyone, flags can also be set to smaller areas of the residence called "subzones".​

1. Choose a "flag"
      • You can set each flag to true, false or remove.
      • Not all flags listed in the link above are available to you on this server.
    2. /res set [resname] [flag] [true/false] (to set a [flag] with no specific person in mind.)
    3. /res pset [resname] [player] [flag] [true/false/remove] (To set a [flag] for a specific player, use their full name correctly spelt.)
    • subzones are the same but where [resname] is, it'll need [resname.subzonename].
    Public Teleport
    1. Stand at a good location within the residence for the teleport.
    2. /res tpset (Sets the default teleport location to where you're standing.)
    3. /res set tp true (sets the flag for everyone to be able to teleport to the residence.)
    • players can tp to [resname] with /res tp [resname]
    • subzones are the same, /res tp [resname.subzonename]
    2. /res subzone [subzonename] (Finalises and creates a subzone with default flags set, subzones will not charge you money.)
    • the subzone will now be [resname.subzonename]
    • changing flags is similar to changing the main residence flags but now you need to stand within the subzone instead of the main residence or use [resname.subzonename] instead of just [resname] when using commands.
    • rename the subzone with /res rename [resname.subzonename] [newname]
    • remove the subzone with /res remove [resname.subzonename]
    • /res expand <value> where "<value>" will be the number of blocks you wish to expand from the face of the particular side of the residence you're facing.
      • Expanding a residence will cost you money for the additional blocks.
      • If you wish to see the price of your expansion before you confirm the expansion, you'll have to do it the long way.
    1. Stand inside your Residence.
    2. /res select residence [resname]
    3. /res select size (price and size before.)
    4. look in direction to expand (X axis, Y axis or Z axis.)
    5. /res select expand <value>
    6. /res select size (price and size after.)
    7. /res area replace [resname] main (Confirms and finalises.)
    3. /res select residence (Will select an area the exact same size and co-ordinates as your exisitng residence.)
    4. /res select size (note size, E.G: X-axis:20, Z-axis:10 Y-axis:20)
    5. Go to your new location, stand in the exact center of where the res will be moved to.
    6. /res select X Y Z (Method 1 or Method 2 to get exact same size as your existing residence)
      • (Method 2: E.G/res select 10 5 10 = half of /res select size from 4.)
    7. /res area replace [resname] main (Finalises and moves the residence.)
      • if you selected the same amount as the existing res it will not charge you anything, if you select larger it will charge you for additional blocks.)
    8. /res info (To check that it has moved to the new location.)
    • It's easier to remove a subzone that to bother moving one.
    • the tpset location will not change, do a new one if you want to. /res tpset while in the residence.
    • any subzones/areas that are now not within the residence will disappear .
    • Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. mydogiswellhuge

mydogiswellhuge Supporter

Sticky this bitch, its a keeper!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. This should be expand. Extend doesn't work, other then that, I just used the guide to expand my res, as I couldn't remember how to do it.

Thanks for the guide!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    fixed
  5. Miss_Jackson

Miss_Jackson Supporter

Thanks Snake, this was definitely helpful
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. The hell? /res expand made my residence 45 blocks longer in the other direction. Can I have those blocks back and put the right way?
  8. Miss_Jackson

Miss_Jackson Supporter

That happened to me, I had to go the opposite direction and shift my residence the other way, didn't make sense but worked none the less
  9. 7ommy9unN3r

7ommy9unN3r Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I had that happen also. I used "shift" to move it in the direction I wanted

Jinx
    • Like Like x 2
  10. CaptLou

CaptLou Supporter

Dammit. The Residence people made my penis enlargement pills, too. No wonder "/penis select expand" wasn't working as expected
  11. CaptLou

CaptLou Supporter

But my prostate feels great
    • Like Like x 1
  12. punchyobuns

punchyobuns

Media:
    Albums:
    ok, this thread has been super helpful, but I have a strange problem; maybe someone has encountered this before:
    when I expand my res, it expanded in the opposite direction I was looking. at first, I thought it just wasn't working, but then I noticed it was expanding backward. Also, the shape of the res isn't rectangular, it has a corner cut off of it. Further, as I go up and down the stairs, I go in and out of the res at different heights!
  13. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    yes we do know of that already, nothing you can do until residence gets updated

a res can only be a quadrilateral, you must have a res that has an extra area or something

then expand your res higher then, or at least move it up
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. punchyobuns

punchyobuns

Media:
    Albums:

my next idea was to try and move the res, do you think that might work?
  15. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    move it to where? you can move it if you want but i think the backwards bug might still affect it, with the exception of vertical movement
  16. therisinghippo

therisinghippo Supporter

I tried putting a negative number to move it, that worked. For instance, if you want to move it further to the negative X, then you should put a - in front of the number. IDK i had this problem too, but it worked eventually.
  17. EP43

EP43

Media:
    Albums:
    All these can be done with a wooden hoe to mark exactly where to expand or move to, correct? It may be difficult for a bigger res, but should be accurate and into the correct direction. ??
  18. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    yes, any way that ends up with you having a selected area works for expanding or moving. if your going to do it that way then you're going to have to find the existing edge of the res then walk the distance you want to expand, not hard just time consuming when its easier standing still and typing some commands
  19. Susachan

Susachan

Media:
    how do i set other things like monsters and animal killing and such?
  20. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    https://wiki.woodenaxe.com/Residence

From within the res, type /res info and you will see a list of the current settings. Just pick the setting then type /res set [nameofsetting] false
    • Like Like x 1