New East City - nautical town

Discussion in 'World' started by mapcratic, Mar 23, 2016.

1. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

I went ahead and moved /res tp east about 10 km east to the new world limit and right on the Equator (X=0). Amazingly this places it right on an ocean shoreline. A very deep ocean, too... it drops to y38 just 30 blocks off the shore.

Tonight I am starting a nautical / coastal town there. Streets and 15x15 plots are all laid out, and it's open for public builds for anyone that wants to move in and live right on world's edge and along the future extension of Intersnout 10. Hilltop locations are also available.

WANTED: Lighthouses, aquariums, seafood restaurants, salt water taffy shops, merchant marine piers, ships in the harbor, etc.

I am actually moving out of Porkton to this new town over the next week, so it will be an ideal location if you want easygoing neighbors nearby. Over the past winter I had planned on moving to the old /res tp east but I wasn't sure whether I'd want to stick to a hill fortress location, so I never did.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    needs more stone highways
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    <---- Grew up in a coastal town. I'm excited for this project!
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. KevynM

KevynM Supporter

I will visit
    • Like Like x 1
  5. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Good luck with those waves son!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Also grew up in a coastal town. I'm in.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. so wish i could have a couple of spots i have 2 really good ideas and need to pick
    pick 1 or 2 Map so i know which to make.
  9. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

You can build in 2 lots if you have a good idea in mind.
  10. I'm not sure what i want to build yet, and I hate seafood, but I'd love to get involved if that's cool, it'd be my first community project.
  11. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I totally took two spots w/out asking first, sorry mappeh
  12. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

That's totes fine, we're not hurting for space and these project builds never completely fill up anyway. I took a quick look in the bar and the shop and it's got nice ambiance.
  13. map, i left a chest of stuff there for everyone to use. enjoy!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

Why is there no "thanks" button?
  15. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Mine isn't done yet, don't scrutinize it too harshly until I'm all finished.
    I had a few ideas for more shops/buildings:
    -Fish Market
    -Shipwreck on one of the beaches
    -Houses w/widow's walks
    -Rocks on the beach w/tide pools
    -Cannery
    -Maritime Museum

And this guy:
    [​IMG]
  16. I'm mostly done with mine, might be claiming the spot across from it but so far:

Fishing Hut w/ Pier
    Front Yard....with some overgrown grass (in progress)
    Sailboat (I can move it if someone wants me to)

Paths: I did a little mock up of what a sandy, gravely dirty path can look like. I grew up in the NE of the US where nautical towns had some rocks to it. I'm fine with any paths, but figured using some of the new blocks might be fun. I did a corner by some of the other tests but if you want to see what it may look like between plots, head over to my hut. Again, fine if we want to do something else and if it's a pain to build.
  17. With a little help from @MrsCluck I got a little B&B going. Mostly done. My first thing outside of Skymall, so thanks, I look forward to doing some more, maybe even more here!
    • Like Like x 2
  18. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    If you haven't already, check out right-clicking grass with a shovel - makes a new path grass block.
  19. Yeah, I know. The design incorporates that.
  20. I picked the plot next to the Boardwalk Inn. My build will incorporate a souvenir shop ground floor, a fortune telling room 2nd floor, and a massage parlour in the basement (no happy endings!)...