@[email protected]

Discussion in 'Snapshot/Zune' started by Valgarg, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Hello Matt,
    I have been paid up for a while now and I wonder what have I done to not get what was advertised if I do pay?
    I also would and have considered paying monthly in a 6-12 month lump sum to continue your monthly fee to get your extra perks for doing so. I haven't done so because I haven't received what I originally paid for. I see others that haven't been here as long get these perks yet I still don't have them. Even if I did want to pay for 6-12 month's there isn't a way to do so now. If it weren't for the many good people I have met in here I would have left long ago. I enjoy the company in here and for the most part it is a very well run server. If it is getting to be too much for you to handle perhaps you may consider delegation of some of your tasks to people whom you trust and have been here a while.
    I reiterate my opening sentence, if it is something I have done then please tell me and if necessary I will leave.
    Thank you for your time Matt
    Valgarg

PS Matt if I didn't tell you like I felt then you probably wouldn't respect me ;-)
    Long story short I am missing the whitelisting on Zune. May I have access.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Tibal

Tibal Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    No mods / delegation of running the server kthx - this only leads to power hungry assholes who give favor to their friends.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. RocketTam

RocketTam Supporter

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. :-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Delegation of tasks doesn't mean authority, it means tasks of Matt this person is 18+ or Hey matt this person didn't get xxx. There are ways to delegate ones Tasks and not authority ;-)
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  6. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm gonna weigh in here as this topic seems to creep up whenever Matts admin-ing(?) starts to get bogged down. As far as getting your perks for server donations @Valgarg I can't really say, I don't know how much you donated or what the current donor rates are. I've always thought of donating as a thing to simply support the server directly, and the Perks were something you kind of get on the side, like a small gift basket of soaps and some candy... things that are nice for a wile, but you could just as easily get along without. They were never intended to be something that players should actively seek in order to get a one up on one another.

We already technically do this, anyone can do a quick google or MCbans/Fishbans search and expose a shady user. several of us have kind of taken up the mantle to do the research on our own with new applicants and the results of several of those threads have been priceless.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. These weren't really perks to get a one up on anyone it was just what was in this link.
    Voljub I hear ya bro but fail is fail. Bless ya bro
    https://forum.woodenaxe.com/threads/supporter-rank.35/
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  8. Tibal

Tibal Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Welllll... delegating tasks which allow new players access to the server or have access to other available things on the server does equal authority. Not in the sense that they have control over the current player-base, but that they are now authorized to determine who gets to come on the server or not. There have been plenty of cases of dumb fuck applicants that no one on the server wanted to get white-listed, but because they met the minimal requirements set by Matt, he approved them.

This is one of the things that makes WoodenAxe different from other servers, as far as I know... Matt lives in the black and white when it comes to his/the server rules. More often than not it benefits everyone for him to be this way, though it can be frustrating in socially influenced situations. Matt can remain this way because he doesn't really get involved with the dynamic micro-society we play in and therefore doesn't develop any bias or give anyone's opinion more weight than anyone else - in fact, I'm pretty certain no one else's opinion matters to him (except maybe @akicogg - HI AKI!). I've heard way too many horror stories about staff / mods / etc. on other servers that I literally stay away from them because of it. I've also played plenty of other games in which I was a member of staff and saw tons of favoring... which was generally why I left those staff positions behind.

That all said above, I am almost certain that if a regular member/supporter was given elevated privileges, it would eventually turn bad.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Val don't worry Matt will get around to it he's probably just been busy.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Wow what a hangover I have
  11. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    In the sense that he's just 1 guy silently monitoring our shenanigans on a daily basis, yes I do agree he is starting to lag behind a bit. Personally I think he would have a MUCH easier time if he had even a single forum moderator, somebody to help accept/deny apps and investigate grief reports. I nominate @akicogg since she already kind of has the power of dirt to check block logs, and many of us already see her as a "staff member".

EDIT:
    Blame it on the a-a-a-a-aa-alcohol!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. LOL sometimes I should tape my fingers together when I drink.
  13. Tibal

Tibal Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I kiiiiinda figured that was the situation ;)
  14. Tibal

Tibal Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    @ 3:01
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    This is exactly what I was thinking about.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Woo! its a party now!
    • Like Like x 1