Looting

Discussion in 'Grief Reports' started by KevynM, Apr 15, 2014.

1. KevynM

KevynM Supporter

It seems someone has decided to be a hero and clean out all my belongings lats night my time
    Who ever it was this is an act lower than a snakes belly
    I have asked Matt to look into it since my area is clearly marked
  2. bullingju0

bullingju0

Media:
    Were your chests protected? Can someone get into your base without breaking blocks(including ender pearling in)? Yes, it still sucks, but its not against the rules if the chests are unlocked.
  3. KevynM

KevynM Supporter

they took items out of frames as well
    it is clearly marked as a residence
  4. CaptLou

CaptLou Supporter

Oh, I have some more bad news for you...
    (frames=entities=not loggable)
  5. CaptLou

CaptLou Supporter

If you've actually set a res, then you can set butcher to false
  6. KyleraRhea

KyleraRhea Supporter

It's shitty that some people have such poor personal accountability, even in a game, but unfortunately they are out there.
  7. When I, in my world roaming journey, come across a clearly marked residence that seems interesting. I find a way in.
    Once inside, I explore.
    If I happen to encounter, on exploration, unprotected chests or furnaces, perhaps an item frame or the like... The contents sometimes appear to spontaneously vanish.

While I am not at all sure if your residence is one which I've visited, I can say with certainty that your failure to protect your valuables is the primary contributing factor in their sudden dissapearance. You have at least two simple and viable options for protecting your things. The residence plugin allows you to restrict visitors' ability to interact with containers and doors, and the Lockette plugin allows you to protect chests and furnaces on demand.

This grief report comes across like someone complaining about getting the clap after a huge unprotected orgy with thai hookers and hobos.
  8. And that's like claiming it's ok to rape someone because they were dressed like a whore. You sir, are a douchebag.
  9. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

Back up, you mean it's not?
  10. Coronus1

Coronus1 Supporter

Absolutely

No that is more liek there is a nekked whore on the bed with her legs spread and someone already left a $50 on the nite table
  11. Well in that case, use an eraser. Err I mean rubber.
  12. KyleraRhea

KyleraRhea Supporter

Whoa, we have no reasonable expectation of respect for other's property??? What a mind-blowing concept - I may have to try this out!~
  13. Tibal

Tibal Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Consider this:

<soapbox>
    If people in the WA community had no intentions to gain off of other's ignorance, we wouldn't allow stores to gouge prices and we wouldn't have death traps. Furthermore, if everyone wanted to just play tea party and Barbies, there would be zero reason for Matt to have the Lockette plugin running on the server. In fact, the server would very likely be in creative mode so that there was no issue when it came to valuables stolen (/server sandbox).

Last I checked, WA's world server is survival. That means, your success in the server is based on your ability to survive the elements and the other people around you. It is your responsibility to understand the rules of the game (and I don't mean the posted rules, I'm more referring to the 'game of life' in the context of MC) and learn how to best play with them.

If you don't secure your shit in the real world, you're gonna get fucked eventually... I don't understand why players in WA think it is any different in game.
    </soapbox>

tl;dr: Sucks bro, but it's your own fault and from the sound of it, you weren't griefed.
  14. I realize not everyone can afford to put a residence on their clearly defined areas but the rules are posted. If you can not afford a res then inclose your build completely with walls, cealings, and floor that someone can not enter without breaking or placing a block. Lockette is a cheap way to keep your doors and chest locked with a simple placing of a sign either directly next or on the door/chest with a simple sift clicking. Omce placed write in the top line exactly this [Private] the press done. It will place your in game name upon it and you and your build/chest will be safe unless some one decides to be an ass and actually greif your stuff. If you leave it open others find it an open build ready to be raided. Some have even put item frames behind glass now to keep others from destroying them. Hope this helps.
  15. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I clearly marked an area and left a few unlocked chests and item frame items about within my chest room. A few weeks ago someone trekked all the way to my place and cleaned out everything that wasn't secure.
    I thought it was:
    1. Funny - This is a game after all and looting is part of it.
    2. Sweet - that someone would go to the trouble just to fuck with me.
    3. Time to secure my shit

Matt isn't going to look into this for you. Go back to work, replace your stuff, and secure your shit. It's your responsibility.
  16. bullingju0

bullingju0

Media:
    The tough love on this server is my favorite.
  17. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

I misread that as rough, now I'm disappointed.
  18. Miss_Jackson

Miss_Jackson Supporter

The rough love on this server is my favorite.... I hate dissapointed people @JackHair
  19. KyleraRhea

KyleraRhea Supporter

20. Tibal

Tibal Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Here, I'll respond for Matt:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯