Just wondering what it would take...

Discussion in 'World' started by NchantedHoe, Mar 22, 2016.

1. NchantedHoe

NchantedHoe Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    @Matt
    Out of curiosity... I realize since the update, and expanded borders... what would it take to give woodenaxe

MORE POWER!!

I'm not saying you're in need of donations.. but if there was a one time "drop off" to beef up the server... just sayin/asking, what would it take?
    Thank you, that is all
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ^ I support this
  3. How about a server reset, @Matt ? Start entirely from scratch....like buttermilk biscuits....

YUM!!
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    Unfortunately it's not a problem that can be solved with more hardware. The bottleneck is the single-threaded nature of Minecraft. I could get more cores, but there's not any faster cores short of getting some sketchy overclocked server. And more cores doesn't help with the lag issues since Minecraft uses 1 core for 90% of the work. The only way to reduce lag is to start limiting the number of entities, the view distance, the activation range of mobs, etc - things that noticeably effect gameplay.
    • Informative Informative x 3
  5. So, would it even help the situation to even do a complete server wipe and start from ground zero, or would that be just adding insult to injury in the long run, @Matt ?
  6. TantTMFGreat

TantTMFGreat

Media:
    Albums:
    Man...A server wipe would be incredible! Everything could be rebuilt! We would all have to ban together for the greater good and love one another and.....sigh.....Utopia
  7. I don't think we should completely wipe what we have, but I do think it would be worthwile to have a new zune server for supporters. As much as I enjoy having been able to start off so easy once I joined Axe, it'd be cool to get to experience building a world with y'all too.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. KevynM

KevynM Supporter

why wipe the server just to lag it out even more ? dam bunnies and new chunks are the nightmare imo
  9. I second this idea -- New ZUNE server! It'd be like living off the grid ...... except you would all be there and we'd be playing a game and communicating on the internet
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. All about that Zune yo. Bring it.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. zLunaTiK

zLunaTiK Supporter

And why I support the murdering of people's entities.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. TantTMFGreat

TantTMFGreat

Media:
    Albums:
    What the hell is Zune? Is that the movie by Tim Allen?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. *panics* server restart or server wipe and restart I'm starting to freak out a little bit
  15. MinerMajor

MinerMajor Supporter

[​IMG]
  16. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Sporkdom

Sporkdom Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Remember that time we built a castle to protect our queen (@Kmomma) from the the evil @Zane_the_Blaze13 and @LousyPerfume empire to the north?

upload_2016-4-4_15-9-47.png
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Sporkdom

Sporkdom Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    • Agree Agree x 2