is this a legit area to build?`

Discussion in 'Grief Reports' started by prOkrEAt, Oct 7, 2013.

1. I logged on today to find a horrific building, just a huge stone tower right in the middle of the lake between my place and zfarm. im trying to make my place look nice and zfarm looks amazing... this is just horrible and just screws up the whole area.

184.65.-1422 area... just south of spawn.

I mean there is LOADS of land to build upon not right on top of others.
  2. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]
    i vote for this disgusting thing to be removed, it is trespassing on what has pretty much been claimed as part of both pr0krEat's and zfarms property, that whole area is scenic,this absolutely horrific cobblestone tower ruins the lovely environment. not to mention the 2 other lil builds by the same person also on the lake
  3. zombiexm

zombiexm Supporter

I second.
    I already had to move because SOMEONE had to ruin my surrounding area with three BIG damn heads.
    I could care less if its a few chunks away.

This is even worse as theres a million nice things around.
    Then theres the fact its made out of... cobble.
  4. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

Ah, the classic case of shitblock building.
  5. UNST3RBLICH

UNST3RBLICH

Media:
    Albums:
    Are you referring to Mt. Rushmobs, or something else? We picked out the location and started building Mt. Rushmobs a while ago near spawn, pretty sure before you were approved. We also used stone and other classy materials. If you're talking about something else, link it on the live map so we can all see.
  6. zombiexm

zombiexm Supporter

no... would of complained about it already.
    [​IMG]
    I'm all for building things.

But if you plan to build huge things , make sure to ask the people around you first.
    Second maybe find a place farther away from people?

bleh
  7. UNST3RBLICH

UNST3RBLICH

Media:
    Albums:
    Those are @Movada's, and they're awesome. She's also more than 500 blocks away from you, so I'm not sure what the issue is since the only way you'd be able to see it I imagine is on the live map.
  8. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

Take it to another thread, this is not the place.

Sorry about the scenery being ruined, prOkrEAt. I know how annoying that is.
  9. zombiexm

zombiexm Supporter

Didn't mean to bring it up he just asked.
    And I think there Bleh, and I am now moving that Res to another location far away from it.

Back to subject.

To the right of the image it looks like there is a smaller cobble tower, is that part of the same builder?
  10. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

No that is Zwykes seed silo.
  11. UNST3RBLICH

UNST3RBLICH

Media:
    Albums:
    Which actually has some architectural elements to it, not just a giant cobble box.
  12. Fuck cobble!
  13. Well I spent a lot of time on that tree.... this seems to be 15ish blocks from the edge of the tree. Plus its a monstrosity. My complaint is with all this room on the server this has been built between 3 people . Me z farm and Ziggy stardust. They need to go build their base elsewhere.
  14. The other smaller tower is Z's dark room spawner which doesn't work well on server. I can't see it from my place on render settings. But that place nowhere near as bad. Z made it fit in his property which is stunning. It looks like a grain silo for a farm.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  15. I would think that IS @zwiechmann's property. I think zfarm is relatively well defined from the bottom corner of that picture to the south spawn road which includes the lake. I occupy the area on the left side of the spawn road and @ZiggyStarduust is the top part with his ranch. before I even built where I was I asked Ziggy if he minded if I did build there. I got permission from him since he was the neighbor on my side of spawn road. I was even a little concerned my tree I have been building was encroaching too much on zfarms property by overhanging the road there.

the two other little builds also go all under the lake as well and pushing into my mining area below my house. I actually found a are under my house where stairs where made to the underground on the N side of my hill. not sure if it was this person or not.
  16. well I think it's rather pretty
  17. Cobblestone can be a good building material for small-medium houses, as long as it used with other materials as well. This is just a large structure with no purpose that just completely destroys the scenery of that area. The large tree building, zfarm, the pond, Road Rally, and that lake all made that area a very beautiful section of the server. This new and quite frankly pointless tower completely ruins that. I'm thinking that maybe the builder is just a troll who did that intentionally. Whether he is or not, I also vote for it to be removed; no adult players should be building horrendous structures such as this anyways.
  18. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]
  19. it does remind me of something my 7yo does in minecraft.
  20. Personally I like cobble when used well. I mean look at some of @Supersnaketate's builds.
    I don't think this cobble cuboid has any artistic merit, nor does it fit with the closely neighboring buildings. The owner really should have asked the locals if that was any okay place first.

All that being said, doesn't this really count as grief? And if not, have you tried contacting the owner of said cobble tower and asked them to relocated or offer to help them move? Whether it is a pretty sight or an eyesore, if they built it legitimately in that location they are within their rights to do so within sever rules.
    Unless it was just a troll move, I would offer to help them relocate to another place, so whomever it is feel free to contact me via PM.