How to use the Residence plugin - Self-Serve area protection

Discussion in 'Help and HOWTOs' started by Matt, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    A residence is an area of land that you purchase (with in-game money) which you can control permissions on. You are able to control PvP, build, use, container, and other permissions.

The cost of a residence is $0.01 per block. to find the total cost of the plot you want multiply the ( length * width * height * 0.01 ). For example a 16x16 plot from bedrock to sky (128) is $327

Steps To Claim A Residence
    • Get an Wooden Hoe and left click the top left corner of an imaginary cube surrounding your land/structure.
    • Go to the exact opposite corner and right click a block to form the boundaries of the cube.
    • (optional) if you want to protect ALL of the land above and below your selection, from bedrock to sky, you can now type /res select vert
    • Now enter the command /res create SomeNameOfResidence where the name does NOT contain spaces.
    Adding Another User To Your Residence
    You are able to give permissions to other users inside your residence. For a full list of the possible flags and other options see the official Residence Wiki at the link below.
    • give the user build permission with the command /res pset ResidenceName PlayerName build true
    • give the user the ability to open doors with the command /res pset ResidenceName PlayerName use true
    • give the user the ability to open chests with the command /res pset ResidenceName PlayerName container true
    Residence command reference

• Like Like x 7
    • TMI TMI x 1
  2. How much area is allowed ?

"area size is not within your allowed limits" <- getting this, but my area isn't that big :-/
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Hey Matt,

What is the name of the Residence plugin we use? so I can look up some more tuts on it online? I'm not 100% confident in it's use, and want to wait before spending my cash to possibly not protect my area.

Thanks!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Any area you select is by default given a very safe set of flags. You'll have full permissions to do whatever you want and I think flow is set to false when you res by default (could be wrong). Other than that, everyone else will not be able to pvp/use/destroy/build/container etc.

The in-game documentation is pretty complete. Just type /res ? or /res <keyword> ? to bring up the help menus.

/res ? # will take you to the specified page you're after. So /res flags ? 3 would take you to the third page of the flags help menu.
  6. I'm not sure if I did the residence right. It said that I'm being charged to my Vault Account. I didn't specify a height and there's been no money taken out. Residence name is ForstHjem. It shows up on my list so I guess it's created, just not sure if it's the size I wanted.

Nevermind, I fixed it. I had only selected 4 squares somehow.
  7. need a bit help

Somehow i tried to do this thingy but it just dont do anything then this: /res error

i used the wooden axe i tried to do only the inner area of the castle ,
    later on even tried the bigger area but keeps the same error popping up every time,
    and i do have enough money for the entire area,

PLZ advise.

I tried the ingame help that works tho, still not able to claim area,
    followed youtube bout this subject, and still no area claimed.

Friendly greets,
    Nibiro80
  8. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    Re: need a bit help

You need to use a wooden hoe
  9. yeah sorry ment that 1 english is not my basic language tho your picture matched the item i had in hands.

mixed up with diablo i guess as its called there and axe. :p
  10. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    My pic is a wooden axe. you need a wooden hoe

http://www.minecraftopia.com/images/blo ... en_hoe.png
  11. CaptLou

CaptLou Supporter

I tried a wooden ho' once. Got too many splinters.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Most of the res's I've come across (so far) are pretty modest/practical. Is it frowned upon if I want to build a sculpture/cartoony/tall/redstone-animated/over-the-top/etc residence? Or is it pretty much "you bought the land, do what you want with it"?
  13. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    There's no limits on what you can build. Just be mindful if you are building near someone.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. lol
  15. Matt, I think I understand this thread, but now my question is, how do I earn in-game money? I'm going to try to figure that out now.
  16. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    You can earn money by selling to shops. The main source of money is the bank at "/res tp dmall" where I buy diamond/gold/emerald blocks. If you don't have enough quantity for that then you can sell random items to target at "/res tp target". Or asking people for money or doing some digging work for them.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. dam wish i found this server early
    • Like Like x 1
  18. KyleraRhea

KyleraRhea Supporter

Here is a website I found with the commands on it for the residence plugin/mod. Hope this helps. If not, wellaway, I tried. Mr. Andy's youtube tutorial is awesome, but it sounds like people are having trouble figuring out how to expand maybe. So here:

http://residencebukkitmod.wikispaces.com/Command List
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. What's the difference between residence, area and subzone?

I actually managed to expand my residence with "add area"-command vertically, but it seems not working horizontally?

What's the easiest way to expand my residence, if I originally made it too small?
  20. Tarqquin figured this out...from another thread:

• Like Like x 2