Getting Started Guide

Discussion in 'Help and HOWTOs' started by akicogg, Jul 24, 2013.

1. akicogg

akicogg Supporter

Welcome to the Getting Started guide!
    This guide aims to help you enjoy your WoodenAxe experience.
    Note:Clicking this link will take you to the server rules and FAQ.

Hello! How do I join the server?

If you are interested in becoming a member of WoodenAxe, create an account on the forums (preferably with your in-game username) and post a message in New Member Introductions. It takes anytime between 5 minutes to 24 hours on average for a response. Providing some basic information such as your age, your in-game name, and where you found the server will expedite this process. You'll be able to build once you're made a member and have read over the server rules.

Log onto WoodenAxe server once you're approved: world.woodenaxe.com

Remember, WoodenAxe is an adult server! Those under 18 years of age need not apply.

Where can I build?

WoodenAxe's spawn is protected in a 300 block radius. Outside that, you are free to build as you please, as long as it isn't in another player's clearly marked territory. You'll probably want to build a ways out from spawn anyway - consult our livemap at map.woodenaxe.com to find the perfect place for your settlement. It is common courtesy to ask before building near another player's structures.

To get back to spawn, type /spawn. Guests can also /spawn should they find themselves stuck inside a hole with no way out.

How do I set a home?

Homes act as "save points" to which you can teleport. Members get one /home, which can be set by entering /sethome, and accessed by entering /home. Supporters get two /homes, which can be set by entering /sethome <name>, and accessed by entering /home <name>. To delete a home, enter /delhome.

How do I protect myself?

Since any breaking of blocks is immediately banned and rolled back, you only need to be concerned with locking your chests and protecting your animals. WoodenAxe has two plugins that will help protect your things from looters/murderers.

Lockette is a chest-locking plugin which utilizes signs to protect a chest's contents. To lock a chest, place a sign either in front, on top, or directly onto the chest and type [Private] on the first line. Your name will show up on the second line, indicating that you have successfully locked your chest. [Private] signs will also work on doors, trapdoors, gates, crafting tables, furnaces, and enchanting tables.

The Residence plugin allows you to make residences, which will automatically secure all the chests inside the residence area. To make a residence, you can view this tutorial made by one of our members.

The killing of animals is not griefing and is not a bannable offense. Protect your livestock by keeping them in a residence with the butcher flag set to false (/res set ResidenceName butcher false). This will prevent other players from killing your animals. Note that others can still ride saddled animals - the only way to prevent others from riding off with your animals is to keep them in an enclosed space inside your residence, or take the saddles off.

Looting unlocked chests is allowed, but locking your chests is simple and easy. Better safe than sorry!

Typing /res info [resname] will give you information about a particular residence, including where it is in the world (West or East). It is a good idea to look up residences before teleporting to them.

How do I make money?

New members start out with $100 in their account, which you can view by typing /money. To make money, you can sell certain items to Matt at the bank in the northern district of spawn. You can teleport to the bank by typing /res tp bank. There are also player-created chest shops you can sell items to; /res tp costco will take you to the largest shop on the server buying/selling most items. There are other player shops as well. Ask around.

Left-clicking on a chest shop sign will sell to the shop, while right-clicking will buy the item from the shop. Make sure you are not holding anything in your hand.

Members can also set up their own shops to sell items. View the ChestShop tutorial.

How big is the world?

The red lines at the edges of the WoodenAxe livemap is the world border for members. Supporters can build 10k farther out from the red border.

What is the WoodenAxe Mumble server?

Mumble is a low-latency, high quality, open source VoIP, or voice chat program, much like Ventrilo. WoodenAxe has its own Mumble server: mumble.woodenaxe.com. It can also be found under Public Internet > North America > Canada > WoodenAxe. You can help alleviate the global chatter by hopping on and voice chatting with us!

Download the Mumble client at their website.
    Here is a guide to setting up and using Mumble.

Help! I've been looted/killed/griefed! What do I do?

If you've read the server rules, you will know that looting unlocked chests is allowed globally and PVP is allowed in the west, which is any negative X coordinate (bring up your coordinates by pressing F3). However, if you are killed in the east a) repeatedly, or b) no items are returned, it can be a bannable offense. (Keeping items is allowed in the west - see the rules!)

People can also grate on each other's nerves. It happens. Chat is not moderated, but typing /ignore <playername> will prevent that particular player's chat and messages from showing on your screen.

Griefing of any player-made structure is bannable. WoodenAxe works hard to ensure the safety of your builds. If you find yourself griefed, you can post a message in the Grief Reports forum providing the coordinates where the griefing happened.

This server rocks! How do I show my support?

First of all, thank you! Any and all support is appreciated. For a certain amount, you will receive the Supporter rank in-game as well as a slew of other perks, all listed here on our portal page. Check out our Support the Server page for all payment options.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 21
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. My name is Bryson Vaughn, I am 19 , and my favorite thing is Hardcore Survival.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JackHair

JackHair Supporter

4. I was told there was no such thing as /res tp mall, it's actually /res tp Costco. Not sure if Matt wishes to amend that. :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    Just fixed that.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. can I make more then one TP location other than my home? and if so, how?
  7. glt1022

glt1022 Supporter

1. donate $20
    2. get supporter status
    3. at first location type /sethome name1
    4. at second location type /sethome name2
  8. AWESOME! thanks so much. My husband and I were JUST talking baout donating too!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Question - Looking at the world map and running around a little bit, I've realized how utterly massive the world is and how long it will take to get around. Is there an easy way to move around/go to checkpoints, etc so I won't have to walk for hours to get to somewhere I want to build/get resources?
  10. Sporkdom

Sporkdom Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    TPing to another player will sometimes get you across the map.
  11. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    On the map, select the check box to show Residence highlighted in red.

upload_2014-9-18_12-59-52.png
    Then click on a res near the area where you would like to travel to see if the tp is set to true. TP at your own risk.
    upload_2014-9-18_12-59-13.png
  12. Thanks guys! That's really helpful
  13. Can you only go to people who are online?
  14. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    residences are always accessable, with tp true of course, but if you want to tele directly to a player then yes; they have to be online
  15. Thx snake. I figured it out right after I posted. I am an ubernoob. :confused:
  16. How the hell do i delete this forum account. If possible some one delete me cause i said "fuck" or something. Mods any one help me jesus.
  17. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Voljub

Voljub

Media:
    Albums:
    It's already on the internet, we all know... You're now officially known internationally as the guy who said "Fuck, or something" on the internet.

EDIT: ALSO, Nice to see you back again @Matt . Their was a rumor that you were dead... Also, I may have been starting rumors.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016