Final World Download

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Matt, Apr 13, 2016.

1. siamko

siamko Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Just an update on my progress. I have the vm setup and "world" succesfully downloaded and unpacked. Going to get relic going hopefully tomorrow as soon as I test world and make sure its clean.

@Matt is there any chance you will make your server files for world public in a dowload. If we had that the residence issue, whitelist, ban list, well hell all player data could be transfered?

If not then I am going to be sure to take some extra precautions as I bring the "Wooden Annex" <- copyright pending lol from @MR_ANDY online to be sure that no one claims things that dont belong to them. I have said this more than once, I really want to make sure this is done right with as few kinks as possible hopefully none. So dont lose faith I am going to be bringing it up hopefully before the weekend for a soft opening to a few people and all the Axers and then the Grand Opening will hopefully be saturday for the server to go live.
  2. I get that we can use the map but why not upload the files for the server? seems strange.
  3. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    The plugin configuration and player data will not be released. This world file is being released as an archive of what everyone collectively built over the years. The plugins and player data was specific to this server and won't be made available to others.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. But that's what i'm asking. What's the reason? The only reasons that i can think of off the top of my head are that they
    1 )contain IPs and stuff that could be used nefariously

or

2) you secretly plan to restart the server in the future.

I'm on to you Matt.
  5. He doesn't want someone like IUD to get their hands on the goods. Also I like what siamko is doing so I can go back and admire the past without having to set it up on my own computer.
  6. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Somebody around here has a serious problem with the word "No."
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. siamko

siamko Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Ok thanks for clearing that up, it will have its issues but I will make it work =P
  8. No.
  9. siamko

siamko Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I wanted to post an update. I have decided to use Spigot instead of Bukkit to run the minecraft servers. It wasnt something I had setup before so it took a minute to learn the differences. The benefit of making this move is so I can run multiple physical servers and utilize the bungee cord utility so that players will be able to access worlds ingame that are on seperate machines in the real world.

I have selected a world for the server Hub and am implementing the portals to access WoodenAxe World and Relic. The hope is to make these worlds only accesible to WoodenAxe members. I will then be adding a new survival world, skyblock, creative plot world, and last mcmmo they will be brought online in that order. Each of these worlds will have to have settings configured for each of them and spawn areas world guarded so spawns can be built.

My plan is to make the server accessible to the public once WoodenAxe World, Relic, and the New Survival world are launched and configured correctly. The rest of the worlds will be added piece meal.

I am finishing up the semester at college so I am only really working on this on the weekends for now that is the major reason why it is going slow. But I also want to do this as smoothly as possible so there arent alot of issues once people get access.

Its coming I promise =)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. hey man, just wondering when thta server will be up. Excited to play with you again man!
  11. Holy shit, by some miracle no short of divine intervention the drive I almost gave up on that has Relic on it I was able to mount today. I thought it was completely toast.

Copying the bare minimum of the region files--the death clicking the drive was making before I could finally get it to work means it could go any time. If I can't recover the whole world, I at least want as much of it as possible. Slow ass fucking PATA drive, though. Moving roughly 10MB/s, but it's about a quarter way through. Can't wait to see Relic again, though.
    • Agree Agree x 1