'Digging for ore'

Discussion in 'Grief Reports' started by MissMijo, Apr 7, 2016.

1. MissMijo

MissMijo Supporter

Greymantel is trying to get his stuff back. He said he fell in the trap, and I haven't been online.. When I told him it is no reason to grief, he told me he was 'looking for ore'.

2016-04-07_19.56.16.png
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. GreyMantle

GreyMantle

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry if I got close to your res. I found a good vein of iron and followed it for a bit. Clearly I was outside a res but I don't know of any command to identify a res unless you are inside the area.

I'll return the iron ore if y0u want it.
  3. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    ezgif.com-resize.gif
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. you got yourself a pikey no ones tarmac is safe
  5. GreyMantle

GreyMantle

Media:
    Albums:
    Well, tarmac would be crafted or smooth placed in a non-naturally generated location so, no. I don't touch them.

I did once lend my free labor to extending the Mako runway but left some strategic voids that spelled out my IGN... :-D

But I followed the existing pattern and layout lines that existed and only added my own free smoothstone material, so no Grief there.

I forgot to get a screenshot of that. Missed a gem of an opportunity there.

I never removed any crafted stone nor entered any res. I was between level 5 and 8-ish.

I said I lost everything at /res skelly. And I was looking for ore. What I left out was the word diamond. All my diamond or enchanted gear (armor, tools, and weapons), some obsidian, I even named most of the stuff.

All I found was a bit of iron for my (lava) troubles. Didn't find any [diamond] there and when I heard movement overhead I guess it was some active res and I started back filling. I ran out of cobble though.

There was just too much lava that low and no diamond ore.

I just haven't found any area with more than 'very rare' diamond ore spawn rates. I've tried every biome I can think of and have tried the voids (the few that still remain) in non-supporter region.

I'm thinking the world seed was bad for diamond or in version just too old for a better diamond spawn rate.
  6. Tibal

Tibal Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    This vaguely reminds me of https://forum.woodenaxe.com/threads/yay-legit-grief-report.4852

But nope... there's plenty out there, you just need to dedicate efficient time to the mining. When bank was being replenished, I made a small fortune (approx $400,000+ in game money - that's at least 800 blocks) selling diamond blocks to Matt.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Stay at Y 11 and mine a tunnel 2-high. You will be at the same level as the top of most of the lava lakes and therefore not tunnel into the bottoms of them. Way easier.

Also, look at the dynmap to easily avoid tunneling into someone else's area. Don't tunnel into someone else's area - it's REALLY easy to not do that.

Non-supporter area just expanded massively. Get out there.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. GreyMantle

GreyMantle

Media:
    Albums:
    dynmap? Live map isn't that precise and the obtuse angle makes in difficult to see what you are under. So this dynmap must be something else.

Besides, I've been mining lvl 11 to 16 in wild area and half the time find player mine tunnels.

Most used ineffective spacing but still it is like swiss cheese down there. I find any, I leave the site.

I haven't counted but would estimate over 20 scattered sites, half out beyond the "change"* limit.

Really if I find an area with 12 or more diamond ore in a 32 by 5 by 32 region it is a Gold Standard region and I would expand. I'm still looking.

Maybe I just have bad luck picking sites.

*Change limit: That sudden change in biome that marks the world limit before 1.7 or 1.8 what ever was the first with mesa biomes.
  9. MissMijo

MissMijo Supporter

I recommend you to not look for diamond around the spawn, cuz that's where you where digging. Skelly is about 5 blocks outside of the spawn protection area. I think you'll find more loot a few thousand blocks away from spawn, where there has been less activity under ground.
  10. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    yeah i find it strange that he was even mining anywhere near there... considering that all that land has been claimed already, and its not like a claimed area of land doesn't include the entire height of the world, maybe it wouldn't if it were a community project but those bits of land out there are personal projects and he couldn't have mined into spawn so where was he going?
    2016-03-15_19.png
    • Agree Agree x 3