Death Traps

Discussion in 'Grief Reports' started by Bobbywires, Feb 4, 2016.

1. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I have some extra XP is a chest that you can have. It's mostly in the form of flint.
  2. Kevyn's store has a basement?
  3. WTFbeccca

WTFbeccca Supporter

I heard that there's lots of XP at XP farms!? CRAZY RIGHT? I mean, you could have your 30+ xp in 2 minutes.. So I've heard..
  4. I have lots of diamond and I have my own XP farm, no big deal, just pissed me off that I got killed thinking I was going to sell some stuff and it was lost. Actually I was able to harvest about 12 diamond ore digging around the trap trying to get in.
  5. Peyton1980

Peyton1980 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Digging around the fall trap? Why would you do that?
  6. Peyton1980

Peyton1980 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:

And that revenge can get you banned...
  7. MissMijo

MissMijo Supporter

@Matt this is probably the person that I messaged you about.
  8. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
  9. Wait, has the griefee become the griefer? :eek:
  10. Did not touch the property was planing on chicken bomb, had a lot of eggs
  11. Peyton1980

Peyton1980 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    That's not what you said here...
  12. Well you know what they say: "You either die a griefee, or live long enough to see yourself become the griefer."
  13. From the rules "Griefing of any player-made structure is bannable." the area outside the build is not a player made structure.
    How often have you found torches in cave or a mine tunnel through an area you have been working in. Is this Griefing ?
    Fact of the matter is, I found a lot of tunnels made by other players all around the death trap. The area is protected by the RES plugin as it should be.
    Bottom line is "thedollarstore" deathtrap is in the PVP area, so no foul , I think a good idea would be a warning anytime you are about to TP into the PVP zone. This would be more effective that any death trap list
  14. I could be wrong, but I don't think it is a problem mining through an area when you see no signs of it being inhabited. If I find torches in an area I am mining in, I go away from that area. If I die in a trap and want my stuff back, I post on here and face the ridicule of my peers. Falling into a trap and dying has nothing to do with PVP so, unless I am mistaken, East and West have nothing to do with it. Mining around a trap (someone's existing build) in order to try and get lost items back is not allowed. whether it is res'd or not. I know the rules say something along the lines of "clearly defined area".
  15. Even if mining around a trap was legal, mining in the trap and/or breaking the hoppers to get your items IS a grief. So really, without griefing as defined absolutely by the rules you can't get your things back anyway.
  16. Look, being tricked and losing your items sucks, but instead of being butthurt and making a big stink and being vindictive about it go punch a wall and move on.

Always TP to a new res naked or with things you don't mind losing.
  17. Ok I'm very sorry and definitely have to "face the ridicule of my peers"
    The whole idea of my original post was to point out the deceitful way the builder used to lure players into the trap and to warn other players.
    That issue seems to have been lost in the griefing dialog.
    The "rage quit" and "revenge" comments were my attempt at keeping the issue active in the forum.
  18. ButtUglyJeff

ButtUglyJeff Supporter

If a crafted block was placed and you break it? Its a grief. You might have an argument if you break through a dirt block or smooth stone, but that's a huge might...