ChatParty - How to Use Private Chat Channels

Discussion in 'Help and HOWTOs' started by akicogg, Jul 21, 2013.

1. akicogg

akicogg Supporter

As of 2016-03-20 this plugin is no longer supported

So...you want to make a private chat channel?

Tired of the overwhelming amount of chat our super active WoodenAxe community flashes at your computer screen? Do you want to mine and farm in peace? Then the ChatParty plugin is for you! This blob of text will guide you through the process of creating and using your own parties.
    I. ChatParty Commands
    II. Creating a Party
    III. Inviting Players to Party
    IV. Joining and Speaking in Parties
    V. Managing a Party
    VI. Leaving a Party
    VII. More Party Commands​

- - -

I. ChatParty Commands

By default, everyone who logs into the WoodenAxe is placed in the global chat. You can bring up the ChatParty commands by typing in /party. It will bring up the following list:

[​IMG]

/chat will hide global chat completely.

[​IMG]

You will not be able to see or send any new messages to global chat while it is hidden. Typing /chat will toggle the global chat visible again.

[​IMG]

- - -

II. Creating a Party

A "party" is a chat channel - you can create your own by typing /party create <name>.
    I created the "mustard" channel by typing /party create mustard. This text will show up with more commands:

[​IMG]

Now that you have a party, go ahead and get some people to talk to!

- - -

III. Inviting Players to Party

/party invite <player> will send that player a party invitation. They can accept with /party join.

[​IMG]

You can check who is currently in your party by typing /party members

[​IMG]

Currently the only way to join a party someone else made is to be invited to it - which is our next step!

- - -

IV. Joining and Speaking in Parties

When you are invited to a party, you can type /party join to accept their invite.
    However, you must leave any current party you are in before you can accept an invite to another party. This can be done with /party leave.

[​IMG]

While you have joined the party, you will still be in global chat. To start talking in the party channel, do /party toggle.

[​IMG]

Now, all your messages will be sent to the party channel.

[​IMG]

You may notice I am still receiving messages from global chat. Typing /chat will hide global chat and make only your party chat visible.

[​IMG]

If you want to stay active in global chat while in a party, /p <message> will send your message to the party. All your messages will be sent to global chat by default until you do /party toggle.

- - -

V. Managing a Party

If you are the creator of a party, you are known as a party leader. As leader, you can invite players, kick players, and promote players to party leaders as well.

/party kick <name> will allow you to kick out people making a mess of your clean party channel.

[​IMG]

/party leader <player> will allow another player the same leader rights to the party that you have.

- - -

VI. Leaving a Party

It is very simple - /party leave will let you leave from the current party.
    The party will be automatically deleted once everyone in the party leaves.

- - -

VII. More Party Commands

You can view more party commands by typing in /party help.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2016
  2. MattDamon party for life!