Capture the Banner Teams

Discussion in 'Snapshot/Zune' started by Tators19, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Team Rules:
    4 Teams, no less than three, no more than 5.
    (It can be more than five if all four teams already have 5 members)

To keep your base location/team members/banner designs a secret, start a forum conversation and tag your team members!

Comment if you need a Capture the Banner team:
  2. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    @Kmomma @Avaross30 @opie641 @Lars_Eh @fiskit_says @_Crabwich_ @RocketTam @7ommy9unN3r @Garbage_Balloon @Reshep9909 @Reneenae @NchantedHoe @LousyPerfume @Tibal @Sporkdom @junglemason @PastaNinja @diamondedge83

Sorry if I forgot anybody, I can't remember all your friggin names after I list 18 of you buggers.

I need a team: short resume; I can snipe moving objects with somewhat fair accuracy, I can sing you One Direction songs when you feel sad, I can build small redstone contraptions, and I can cry on-command. Pick me! Pick me!
  3. I am not interested in this event at this time so I do not require a team
  4. mydogiswellhuge

mydogiswellhuge Supporter

@Lars_Eh would literally shit himself if i were to form a team, i will give the poor guy a break and bow out of this event.
  5. aww, i wish! i miss gaming soooo much
  6. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

I've been a bit out of the loop but @Kmomma said you all needed a map. While scouting out this area, I didn't see any pre-existing structures, except for the ones marked here. I don't know how large of a game play area you all are looking at since I'm not really familiar with this kind of PvP, but if you need a wider survey area made up let me know.

You may also want to match this map up with the ones hanging up at Spawn if you are considering expanding out to the other biomes.

http://i.imgur.com/FPM03c1.jpg See new map thread

Kmomma and I were thinking it might be a good idea to put up a boundary, like pillars of diorite every 10 meters or so, to establish the game area, since it might not be so obvious once things are going where it ends and the regular world begins.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  7. I REFUSE TO BE A PART OF THIS
  8. All i care is that I get to be on a team with @Tators19 !

I can build, I can horde resources like no other, I'm generally good at not dying to mobs and stupid reasons, and I can horde experience for enchanting lovely things!!
  9. NchantedHoe

NchantedHoe Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    @Tators19 , sorry I cannot commit to this atm.. I have big plans around the house this weekend. @fiskit_says will be tied up as well. ;)

(I'm slightly afraid, yet strangely looking forward to where that comment takes us)
  10. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    You should be afraid Hoe! You should be very afraid.

(not really)
  11. 7ommy9unN3r

7ommy9unN3r Supporter

Media:
    Albums:

You two live in a mirrored world to mine and @RocketTam ...
  12. So, just curious, are all the people who already have established stuff going on in the West of this map on board with bannering their builds and still having them susceptible to accidents? After a little thought and weighing all of the opinions I cannot join in on this unless those already invested in the map are okay with it.
  13. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    There's an easy fix for that: don't raid bases that don't have banners in them. If you see a base without a banner of any kind, just leave. And since capturing banners is the point of the game, there is no reason to be in a base that doesn't have one. I made the display rules really specific so we would know the difference between a CtB banner and a non-participant's banner.
  14. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I assume that all participants will comply with FIFA gender verification regulations. Correct?
  15. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Team 2ITP is set:

@Kmomma - Team Captain and culpable for all actions of the team. She alone will face any tribunal or authoritative actions as a result of or directly related to the team, and individual member actions whether on this server, any other server or irl. She is the mastermind and delivers all order actions to the team and no other individual or group has any responsibility or liability within the team.
    @Tibal - Admiral in charge of logistics
    @Lars_Eh - Bunnies
    @_Crabwich_ - Special Ops
    Mystery player TBA
  16. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

If there's (1) a defined play area with border markers and (2) someone like me has crisscrossed the play area and pored over the map, I will be able to certify that there are no other builds in the play area.

I'm going to go ahead and start laying out border markers and maybe get a ~2000x2000 area enclosed, unless you all want it larger or smaller. I'll continue to look over the territory and make sure no one is living in the game zone. I can't be certain I will be available this weekend but I'll try to help the project as much as I can.
  17. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd be willing to help with the enborderening.
  18. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

Oddly enough it's done. The boundary markers have been completed around all sides this afternoon, including the ocean. Thanks to LousyPerfume for supplies. She also put in a portal that can be accessed via the Nether Northwest road.

Boundary posts have been put in every 10 meters, except for 5 meters in woods and 20-25 meters out at sea. The materials vary a little bit but it's basically a sandwich of diorite/birch log inside a "bun" of spruce log or stone, with a torch on top. You can't miss it.

This is not necessarily the "official game area", as that's up to Tators, but this boundary is more or less saying "we checked all the shit in here and whatever you find in here is going to be faction stuff".

[​IMG]

This is about as large an area as I can do, as the fence & searching process is time consuming. If anyone decides they want to expand it, that's fine, but there are some builds just outside the fence to the north and west you'll have to watch out for. The northwest direction appears to be pretty clear. You'll also have to make sure to complete the fence expansion before game day and sweep the interior for any builds.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  19. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    This is badass. Thanks Map and Lousy!
  20. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums: