can't seem to expand my res?

Discussion in 'Help and HOWTOs' started by RiverSpring, Feb 25, 2016.

1. RiverSpring

RiverSpring

Media:
    Albums:
    I have a res set, which goes a couple of blocks deep, and a couple of blocks high, over a large land area.

I'm trying to expand my res to accommodate for my house that is build more than a couple of blocks above ground level. so I follow the tutorial, get out my wooden hoe, select two corners around where the house will be with a left and a right mouse click, I look up to the sky and I type the following command.

/res select expand 60

the screen tells me it is expanding vertically, and I see green starry lines outlining the part that I think I just expanded, covering more than the house area, so everything screams out 'success!'.
    yet when I then walk up the ladder, it tells me that I am leaving my residence!!

what on earth am I doing wrong?

thanks,
    Eric.
  2. /res select residence riverlake main
    /res select cost (shows how much you've spent so far)
    /res select expand 60
    /res select cost (shows new amount with expansion included)
    /res area replace riverlake main

Make sure you're looking in the direction you want to expand. You don't need the wooden hoe for any expansions of the main res. Also check funds to make sure you can afford expansions as you do them. And make sure you aren't trying to go past the 300x300 limit.

Hope it works!
  3. RiverSpring

RiverSpring

Media:
    Albums:
    but if I type 'replace' will it then remove all my land outside of the newly selected area?
  4. Nope. Just adds it to the chunk you already have.
  5. RiverSpring

RiverSpring

Media:
    Albums:
    so it will then look something like this?
    (white being the shape of the res area)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  6. RiverSpring

RiverSpring

Media:
    Albums:
    and when in this process do I select my expansion corners with my hoe?
  7. EP43

EP43

Media:
    Albums:
    You are mixing together 2 different methods. You can look in the direction you want to expand and use /res expand, or use the hoe and mark exactly the new size you want.

With "/res expand 60" for example, there may be a confirm or something, you will get a prompt. But that's all you do... done. BUT you dont get to see how much it will cost and this has been buggy for some people when expand to the North or West (negative cord).

With the hoe, select the exact outline of the new size ..... or if it is small, you can stand in the middle and do /res select 10 1 10 for a new res 20x20, 2 blocks high. BUT the last thing you do is /res area replace [resname] main to finalize the deal.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  8. EP43

EP43

Media:
    Albums: