1.8 Pure Vanilla World

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Matt, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Fair enough, snake. And as Matt already doesnt intend to add plugins to Zune, there wouldnt be a point to wait for an updated version. Oh well. .-. It was worth voicing the opinion at least. If we ever figure it out, we'll report the thefts/asshattery accordingly.
  2. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    its time to think up create ways to hid your stuff or build complex redstone locks to store it away
  3. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I can build an example of the stair block secret hidey trick at spawn so everyone can see how it works...?

But, sadly, as has been mentioned in Zune chat, there are client hacks that can get around any hiding tricks. Without logging block changes or logging who took what from what container when, I don't see how anyone could ever get banned for theft or griefing.
  4. diamondedge83

diamondedge83

Media:
    Albums:
    unfortunately some of the things stolen were in a completely hidden chest, meaning the thief was using an xray mod or resource pack.
  5. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    which dont work thanks to 1.8's now block rendering system

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.8

and if its a mod then its banable
  6. diamondedge83

diamondedge83

Media:
    Albums:
    Well that's all fine and dandy, but how do you prove someone is using a mod? Which they clearly are if they were able to find and loot a hidden chest.
  7. Well this development sucks...
  8. 7ommy9unN3r

7ommy9unN3r Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    There is a trick that uses a minecart and tree leaves to "X-ray" to an extent. It would show rooms or caves that are underground.

That being said, can you log block changes? @Matt

Hiding chests or the use of ender chests is one way to protect stuff.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  9. diamondedge83

diamondedge83

Media:
    Albums:
    No, Nchantedhoe was robbed.
  10. PastaNinja

PastaNinja Supporter

Oh, so sorry to see you go... again.

[​IMG]
  11. mikej1592

mikej1592 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    lol now that school is between semesters I log on and 1 person is online according to portal. I will check out Zune, hope it is better than Microsoft's zune.
  12. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Wouldn't that only show areas that are open rooms and lit? If I had a chest buried, with blocks all around, would you see it? I guess I need to go test this in single player? Enderchests may be the only defense.
  13. mikej1592

mikej1592 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I tried it in first person and it didnt work
  14. malajunta

malajunta Supporter

Can i join a crew? I don't like building alone, I may not be mexican but I'm latin so you know I'll get the work done.

I'm currently just roaming thru the spawn area, gathering some resources and that is it... I need a friend... the lonelyness is strong.
  15. 7ommy9unN3r

7ommy9unN3r Supporter

Media:
    Albums:

The chest block is smaller so it can be seen its just dark. I tried it on zune just to see if it worked.
  16. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm usually on in the evenings (EST). If you want a neighbor and/or like to clear water, i'll send you coords.
  17. Wut are is this zune
  18. I'm living like an Ewok...
  19. mikej1592

mikej1592 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm living like a homeless person only keeping what I can carry in my inventory
  20. malajunta

malajunta Supporter

lol this is me right now