1.8 Pure Vanilla World

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Matt, Nov 28, 2014.

1. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

Sounds good, all... if I do any surveying I'll concentrate on the area west of Spawn.
  2. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

A few corrections to the last map and one addition. This is just a quick sketch. In the next week I'll import these tiles into Illustrator and use them in the actual map.

[​IMG]

By the way, I found a bug with the Minecraft maps. Sometimes after you complete a map it will stop drawing your present position while you're trying to use it. Logging out and back in seems to force the map to start working correctly again.
  3. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    To be clear, "Jungle" is me rather than a jungle biome with delicious cocoa.

I'll be bustin out some ZL2 maps of my new area (far to the SW) soon.
  4. Cryptomeria

Cryptomeria Supporter

I'm in the NE just off the map. I don't know how maps work. If someone could tell me here or link a tutorial I can make maps for that area. For instance: zoom out twice means I press which buttons? O.K. i just read the wiki and I get the zoom out twice but does it matter if I record the map before or after? AND the part that really makes my head hurt is how does the map just know where to start recording?
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  5. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

((instructions moved to Zune forum mapping thread and updated))
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  6. Do you have to be in the center of the 512x512 area when you open it?
  7. _Crabwich_

_Crabwich_ Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    No
  8. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

You just need to be somewhere inside the region you want to map. Unfortunately the X/Zs are offset from zero (-64,+444,+956,... instead of 0,512,1024,... go figure), so you kind of have to use the reference map posted above to pinpoint where to start, or keep a few throwaway maps in case you find yourself in the wrong square.
  9. I'm on the lake at the northeast side of your pictured map, I'll do the section directly north of there tonight...
  10. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Mapping my way toward spawn. Got a looong way to go.
    2014-12-03_16.19.09.png
  11. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
  12. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

In my secret lab. But I'm thinking of cloning them all and making a giant display map. Maybe we can set up a building somewhere for this. Also perhaps people can add their own maps and I'll maintain a backup map at a secret location (in case the first one gets griefed).
  13. mapcratic

mapcratic Supporter

14. Or not... didn't get a chance to get on last night...
  15. junglemason

junglemason Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
  16. I've actually moved servers. You guys are more than welcome to loot and plunder my hole. In fact, I look forward to it. :)

g/l in 1.8 all! Take care.
  17. Tators19

Tators19 Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    ....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...
  18. So. @Matt . We seem to have hit a wall. Apparently theres been some looting/theft, and the lack of protection is deterring players from utilizing Zune and 1.8. Its simply not as enjoyable when people have to look over their shoulder every 5 seconds. We all know you straight up said this was raw 1.8 with no protection. There wasnt a clear rule set either (aside from normal global rules), but the supporters more or less agreed that a general guideline would be "just dont be a dick." - Well stealing people's shit is being a dick. We want to put it to you that Spigot has released for 1.8 with full bukkit support, and we'd like to ask if there was any way possible that you could look into this and see about getting us some sort of protection. Lockette or something? We'll take anything at this point. plz&thx&<3

http://www.spigotmc.org/ <--
  19. Matt

Matt Owner

Media:
    Being a dick on Zune will get you banned from Zune. It's running the latest Spigot. I won't be adding any plugins to Zune.
  20. Supersnaketate

Supersnaketate Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    the most recent lockette was for craftbukkit 1.5.2 - 1.7.10, seeing as 1.8 changed a lot that version wont work correctly with 1.8 Spig-bukkit

and its not like one person can just fix an entire plugin and to update it to the latest version of bukkit that took weeks to get out